EN World RPG News & Reviews...D&D, Pathfinder, Tabletop RPGs
  • Morrus' Daily RPG News Updates RSS Feed

These five magical masks over on EN5ider, the 5th Edition Patreon, allow the wearer to wield different racial powers. The Mask of the Feychild, Stoneborn Death mask, Jawbreaker's War Mask, Mask of the Infernal Offpsing, and the Mask of Humanity each comes with the history of the mask, its powers and benefits for the wearer, and plot hooks suggesting places where the mask might be found and the NPCs who might wear them. By Kiel Chenier; illustrated by Kim Van Deun.

The John Carter of Mars RPG, which has already been successfully funded on a currently-running Kickstarter, uses a streamlined, narrative version of Modiphius' 2d20 System. You can now check out a free short adventure which introduces the rules to you.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

With the new Star Wars saga passing its middle chapter and Marvel's Infinity War ready to land in May, it means that a lot of groups might be eyeing the stars as a place to set their games. The Cosmic Handbook has been eagerly awaited by Mutants and Masterminds fans for a while, and is finally out for fans of super-heroic science fiction to use in their games.

The WOIN Starship Construction Manual, which provides detailed rules for building a wide variety of ship for use with the starship combat rules found in NEW and other WOIN games, has just received an update to Version 1.1.

There are many works of fiction that D&D draws upon for inspiration, as co-creator Gary Gygax made clear with his Appendix N in the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master's Guide. Jon Peterson identified a theme that some of the Appendix N fiction has in common, known as a "visitation theme." It serves as a useful template for how D&D is portrayed -- now and in the future.

Gamers have gotten pretty comfortable over the years with the triumvirate of books that form the core of Dungeons & Dragons. In fact, I suspect many gamers allow their familiarity with the three-book format to keep them from closely reading the entirety of those texts. Those gamers, myself included, know generally what content is included in each book, so they simply hunt down the chapters they need as they become relevant.

Welcome to this month's Storyteller's Vault Roundup! This time around we have more exciting news to share for fans of alternate Vampire: The Masquerade settings, and we'll be taking a look at the products coming out from Josh Heath and his team at High Level Games.

Welcome to Guiding the Players Week for the Picks this week, dedicated to books designed specifically (or at least primarily) for players to craft their character and enhance their overall play experience with a game or setting. These may or may not have "all-in-one" characteristics that allow for full game play (though if you have at least the rules for combat in the book, you can generally craft or fake the rest). In each case, they are meant to either be the foundation of character creation and advancement, or they greatly enhance that aspect of the game.

WotC has a brand new D&D designer, and it's Kate Welch! She plays Rosie Beestinger, the Lightfoot Halfing Monk in Acquisitions Inc's "C Team". She starts work on February 2nd. That's all I know for the moment, but more info if I hear it!

This week's WOIN update isn't a PDF - it's something much, much bigger! We have 83 starships for you, fully statted and illustrated! Need to grab an appropriate vessel for your PCs or a suitable foe for an epic space battle? Need the stats of that pirate ship, Spartan destroyer, or nimble freighter? You'll find civilian ships, plus ships from the United Space Force, Venetians, Borians, Ogrons, and Spartans!

Green Ronin has posted its plans for the first half of 2018, which include The Expanse RPG, being Kickstarted in a few months, Modern Age in the Spring, along with the World of Lazarus setting, a new edition of Freedom City for Mutants & Masterminds, and more!

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s news. Wizards of the Coast requiring background checks for volunteers and store employees, details on classic Dungeons & Dragons 5e updates of classics, important Gen Con information, and more!

Last summer, scheduling conflicts temporarily wrecked my D&D Basic live campaign. When play resumed only half the players were able to make the game. Instead of grinding through some side quests, and especially because the player characters were at an important point in the campaign; we transitioned to a completely different RPG. Knowing that we would likely get only a handful of sessions in before our regular game resumed, I decided to give the group a choice among a number of RPGs from my reviewer slush pile.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we look at two different 5th Edition products, a new Powered by the Apocalypse sci-fi game, a systemless fantasy encounter generator and some very small metal dice. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Last week I started talking about the new and upcoming games that I was looking forward to in this New Year. I'm not as much of a fan of open-ended campaigning as some, so that gives me the chance to sample more games. This comes in handy when your day job is writing about role-playing games. This week I am going to follow up that article to talk about some horror games and supplements that I am looking forward to getting to try out in the upcoming year.

Most people know the expression "can't see the forest for the trees," that is, you get lost in details and fail to see the big picture. In game (and level/adventure) design it's usually the big picture that counts, for players. Yet many designers, even experienced designers, sometimes get bogged down in details at the expense of the quality of the game as a whole.

There's been plenty of talk about the future of movies inspired by tabletop games, but the end of 2017 brought a surprise: a movie about a game that doesn't exist. Although it uses video game tropes, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle has a lot to say about role-playing games. If you haven't seen the movie, this discussion contains SPOILERS.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Necva was dead, of that there was no doubt. I had recently watched him get full on ganked by some kids in a crumbling tower. Still, there he was in front of me, body parts missing, but with some e-books in his spellbook. "Look, you're late. You're a humbug. Review these for the people." When that ole' liche tells you to make the people happy, you don't ask why, you just do it. I grabbed his spell book and began to read. Welcome to what was supposed to be the holiday edition of DM Guild Roundup. No random grab bag this month, but a selection of three holiday pdfs for you to run your crew through.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7