Welcome

Welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. pawsplay
    pawsplay
    I don't have a lot to say except that I hope this group will help concentrate discussions of interest about open games and open game systems, somewhat apart from their respective "brands" and conglomerating some discussions that may otherwise be dispersed by the forum arrangement.

This group is equally for fans and designers. The really important thing, to me, is the power of community, and I hope that will happen here.
  2. Walking Dad
    Walking Dad
    Hi, I just wanted to thank for the invitation for now. 'Open Games' and 'Open Game Systems' are the ones made with OGL/OGC, or is it a broader term?
  3. Insight
    Insight
    Hello all and thanks for the invite. I'm looking forward to a real discussion of gaming issues uncluttered by edition bias and so forth.
  4. Alzrius
    Alzrius
    Thanks for the invitation! I think the Open Gaming License is a great thing, so I'm quite happy to be here.
  5. pawsplay
    pawsplay
    Feel free to discuss other open games besides the OGL. I think the primary interest is OGL/d20 based games, but I don't want to discourage any potentially fruitful discussion. For instance, there are games licensed under Creative Commons and it may be worthwhile to discuss CC vs. OGL.
  6. Gilladian
    Gilladian
    Thanks for the invite. I think the whole concept of open games is wonderful. I'm looking forward to interesting discussions.
  7. Relique du Madde
    Relique du Madde
    There are Creative Commons games?!?!?
  8. pawsplay
    pawsplay
  9. Tharian
    Tharian
    Thank you for the invite. Here's a link to another set of games using the Creative Commons license.

http://www.tenthousandworlds.org/creativecommons/
  10. jreyst
    jreyst
    I was wondering if people thought it would be a good idea to have a thread devoted to discussion around the idea of constructing a new Open Game, or a new Open Game based on (i.e. a "fork" of) an existing Open Game?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast