View All Random Groups
I live in Europe and I am wanting to start or join an online D&D group over the net that plays in times friendly to Europe timezones.
Basically it would be nice to find or start an online gaming group for D&D that plays during GMT friendly hours.
I have had a couple of decades of experience playing D&D through all the versions.
I can be DM or player.Last Activity: Thursday, 13th November, 2014 12:32 PM
3 member(s)Latest Discussion:
[b]Overpopulation is a bad thing everywhere. In a recently (as in only a few 1oo years ago) settled continent where medicine and magic caused the masses to live healthier and longer but birth control was unheard of until recently, the few cities have become a nightmare to live in. [/b]
When humans, gnomes, halflings, dwarfs, orcs, gnolls, kobolds, goblinoids, lizardmen, and a few elves arrived on the continent they called New Light, they thought they had escaped overpopulation for a few 1000 years. They hoped to spread all over the continent, deal with the dangers, adapt to the environment and, eventually, adapt the environment to them as their people had done on other continents. But they had not counted on the ingenious population.
The fey folk, feline Mrrengar tribes, the musteloid Nehgie clans and the rat-like Nezumi nations were prepared for the new arrivals. As they could not make them turn back nor had the desire to kill them, they allowed each of the 10 races their own small area to settle, plus 3 areas where those who preferred to mix with other races could go. The native races, governed by a druid circle, wrongly thought that the new settlers would use their resources well and govern their own numbers. But nothing of the sort happened. Not only did they multiply as they used to, those settlements reachable by ship received more settlers from their home continent over time.
The settlements developed into giant cities barely controllable by their governments and full of intrigues and crime. against the wishes of the druid circle, some large roads were build to allow for better trade. A few smaller villages and strongholds, illegal outposts in the eyes of the druids, appeared as well. The first skirmishes between the New Nations, as they now called themselves, and the Old Nations happened, and eventually, it came to wars, and the New Nations also started squabbling among each other again.
A few decades ago, the Nezumi vanished almost over night. While the other native races were in uproar over it, the New Nations took it as a sign of their gods to claim the whole land. The exploration of the continent has thus started in all seriousness, and capable adventurers to do the task and root out the ever present ancient evil in the process are always welcome.
Campaign specific changes and restrictions:
Playable races are all the new settler races except the goblinoids. Drow and Duergar exist only as elves and dwarfs warped by evil and are thus not an option in this campaign.
Halflings in this campaign are more like Hobbits except that they do have a lot of people wanting to adventure at least once in their lives.
Clerics do not use bladed weapons other than knives and daggers, a habit they adapted from the local priests of various nature deities.
Elves are usually rather removed from their nature loving roots, although there is a "back to nature" movement.Last Activity: Monday, 25th June, 2012 05:28 PM
6 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Tried to post the map but...
Campaign World: The World of Greyhawk
Rule System: 3.5
This particular campaign consists of some of the greatest modules ever printed for D&D including the original Slave Lord modules (A1-A4), Against the Giants (G1-G3), Descent into the Depths of the Earth (D1-D2), Vault of he Drow (D3), and Q1 (Queen of the Demonweb Pits). Along the way we use several other classic modules to "fill in the gaps" between levels and plot; The Lost City (B4), Castle Amber (X2), White Plume Mountain (S2), and to end the campaign The Tomb of Horrors (S1).
The characters are a diverse group of individuals whom have all been thrown together by fate.
Hailing from different regions within the Kingdom of Keoland our heroes will forge a strong friendship in the face of adversity.
Our campaign begins with individual stories setting up each of the character's backgrounds and the individual reasons that find them in the port city of Gradsul aboard the merchant vessel "The Midnight Moon".
The heroes consist of;
- Gell Raith and Dench Barkfist: Identical twin Half-Orcs raised in a temple of Heironeous. Gell is a rogue who follows the ways of the god Dalt while his brother Dench is a monk who follows the teachings of Heironeous.
- The Vice-Baronet Sir Armidius Montose of Keoland: A Human (Suloise/Oeridian) paladin of the righteous god Heironeous.
- Kentos Zenton Human (Baklunish) barbarian/fighter worshiper of St. Cuthbert.
- Thayamor Rhys wood elf cleric of Corellon Larethain.
- Galena Wilenwine high elf ranger/fighter worshiper of Sehainine Monbow.
MIA & RIP...
- Wildberry: A Human (Rhennee) rogue worshiper of the goddess Geshtai. Wildberry was lost due to her own hyper-activeness. She left the group to explore on her own in the Lost City and fell prey to a room trap and was drowned / suffocated when the room filled with sand.
- Andoven Shortankard: Rock Gnome illusionist and worshiper of Garl Glitterold. Andoven was lost when he went off to find Wildberry. He was never found and is thought to have fallen to the hallucinogenic food-stuff of the local Cynidicean people native to the Lost City.
- Dunesbeer Hammersmith: A Human fighter who follows the mighty god Kord. At first thought killed by poisoned food in Castle Amber his spirit was reunited with his body. He has stayed behind to rally the Keolandish people into battling the forces of the Slave Lords.
- Tharyl Angudrim Malrah: Wood Elf ranger whose religious loyalty is divided between Ehlonna and Kurell. After being turned to stone in Castle Amber the statue that was once his body was shattered into dust leaving no body for his spirit to return to after the events of Castle Amber came to a close.
- Maglynn Tavain Ariali: Wood Elf druidess of Obad-Hi. She was murdered by an orc assassin in a temple of Gruumsh while battling the Slave Lords.
- Brewhop Palelager: Mountain Dwarf cleric of the god Pelor. He was murdered by an orc assassin in a temple of Gruumsh while battling the Slave Lords.
- Rion and Leilani Laethala,High Elf wizard and bard worshipers of Boccob were murdered by an orc assassin in a temple of Gruumsh while battling the Slave Lords.
- Raitheos Moonshadow: Half-Elf wizard (evoker) loyal to the teachings of the god of magic, Boccob Last seen being carried off by a bloody and enraged carnivorous ape at the Stockade of the Slave Lords.
You can follow the on-going adventures of these characters at our Facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/groups/nycdnd/Last Activity: Friday, 13th July, 2012 05:38 AM
2 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Prestige classes and multi-classing
England is split into 3 nations, Northumbria, Britannia and Wales. Set in a "real-world" system, magic is both rare and powerful. The legends of Arthur and his knights long to become real.Last Activity: Tuesday, 24th April, 2012 05:08 PM
1 member(s)This group doesn't have any discussions yet.
View All Recently Updated
The Day - When the Large Hadron Collider is turned on the Universe is changed ...
Welcome to The Day, a creator driven RPG where each player member is challenged to contribute, expand and build the Universe of The Day. To begin, you, as a player can decide if you wish to be a Reader – essentially, the game’s DM, where you set up the contributing storyline, context and player NPCs, and invite other players to participate as Writers - the story’s active characters who are the movers and shakers of the plot.
Or, you can be both, by creating independent stories and characters of your own creation outside of the games established cast of NPC characters and groups.
The goal of our project is to build origin content, giving us the potential of publishing our work as eBooks, a RPG module, or an ongoing, online SIM.
Looking for player members to jump start this new and innovative approach to PBeM.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/thedayrpg/infoLast Activity: Today 01:31 AM
1 member(s)Latest Discussion:
This group doesn't have any discussions yet.
The Community for the Adventures in Tethyr 5E D&D Campaign. The campaign will concern the adventures of a group of the Shadow Stars of Tethyr who seek to maintain peace and prosperity on behalf of the Queen-Monarch, Zaranda Star.Last Activity: Thursday, 4th February, 2016 02:26 PM
10 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Treasure & Other Rewards
A community for those special few who are lucky enough to live in the unexplored, western reaches of the state Pennsylvania.Category: LocationsLast Activity: Monday, 25th January, 2016 11:46 PM
2 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Location and gaming
Deep beneath the surface of the world lies the Underdark, a realm of endless labyrinthine tunnels and caverns where the sun never shines. The drow--hated and feared even by their fellow dwellers in the darkness--raid other settlements in the Underdark as well as the surface world, taking prisoners back with them. Rendered unconscious with drow poison, then collared and shackled, these prisoners are often sold as slaves or entertainment in the dark elves' subterranean cities.
You, my beloved, are one such prisoner. What shall be your fate?Last Activity: Tuesday, 12th January, 2016 01:24 PM
7 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Makur Long Handled Chrome safety Razor#180 – Longer four handle, Maerkur safety razaor, An Extra close shave, great for people with big hands and Made in Germany. Includes one merkur #180, and ten bonus blades, its twin edge design provides an extremely close shave. Its comfortable additional long handle is designed for a non-slip grip and makes perfect with all hands especially bigger hands. The safety razor has a power border especially big for an additional close shave. Change of blade is so simple – Made in Germany. No doubt, this is the in the list best safety razor blades.
http://bit.ly/1R074ciCategory: Publishers & CommercialLast Activity: Sunday, 10th January, 2016 04:57 AM
1 member(s)Latest Discussion:
This group doesn't have any discussions yet.