Dungeons & Dragons
  • Dungeons & Dragons

PAX Unplugged (a US convention) took place this weekend. These photos were taken by Robert Adducci. "A prison escape for an unlikely group of heroes turns into a race for an ancient relic sought by the Legion of Dusk. Can you brave the unknown and capture the treasure before the enemy does? This Dungeons & Dragons adventure is set on the plane of Ixalan from Magic: The Gathering. It uses 4th-level characters provided with the adventure."

The Verge talks about D&D, live streaming, and the current popularity of tabletop roleplaying. Livestreaming is a big thing these days; it used to be a video game phenomenon, but tabletop gaming now has a massive presence.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

This month's Unearthed Arcana article gives us four new elf subraces to playtest. "After the positive response to the eladrin a couple of months ago in Unearthed Arcana, we decided to explore four more elf subraces: avariel (winged elves), grugach (the wild elves of Greyhawk), sea elves, and shadar-kai (deathly servants of the Raven Queen)."

As the first actual rules expansion of 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, Xanathar's Guide to Everything (XGtE) is facing an immense amount of scrutiny, guaranteeing that it won't please everyone. That said, there's a lot there for fans to like.

One of D&D’s hottest creatures lives in the coolest climes. Arctic explorers might place “burned alive” low down on their list of risks, but that’s exactly what will happen if they run into a remorhaz. A capable hunter, the remorhaz grows large enough to swallow a polar bear whole. Anything it eats is rapidly immolated by the chemical fires raging in the creature’s stomach. Join this edition of the Monster ENCyclopedia as we examine the remorhaz (from a safe distance).

Stranger Things uses the parallels between a Dungeons & Dragons adventuring party and its core characters to create a narrative about young heroes battling the forces of darkness in both the real and Upside-Down worlds. But when it comes to a particular iconic D&D monster, the Duffer brothers seem to have drawn upon monster lore that came out well after the second season takes place. THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS!

This week, I am off to the incredibly fun and entertaining convention called Con on the Cob. I've been a Guest every year except for two, and I am proud and thrilled to be a part of that weird, wonderful family that award-winning artist and beloved weirdo Andy Hopp brings together (along with the fantastic Heather Hopp). In celebration of returning to the wilds of Northern Ohio once again, I've called this Oddly Wonderful Week and brought you some of the stranger RPG products I know about.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! This week’s column was delayed a day for a variety of reasons, including my mother having surgery (she’s okay), so I want to focus on some good news (and a lot of segues) before we get to the…fourth week in a row where I have to write about something bad. The Last Unicorn is getting a roleplaying game! A new Wizards of the Coast job posting may give hints for D&D’s future! Lots of news about movies, television, and games! And more!

If you're a fan of the Roll20 virtual tabletop, and a fan of the ZEITGEIST adventure path, and a fan of 5E, you're at the intersection of an awesome Venn Diagram! You can now get the ZEITGEIST prelude adventure, Bonds of Forced Faith, on Roll20, along with an NPC token pack.

At Game Hole Con, WotC hosted a "State of the Industry" panel, featuring Chris Perkins and Mike Mearls. Nerds on Earth was there to record the audio (listen to that here). Amongst other things, they hinted at the next FOUR products, mentioned that the Mystic, Artificer and Revised Ranger were upcoming, and indicated that D&D is now the most popular it has ever been since the 1980s. They also mention the release schedule, settings, novels, and more.

Welcome back to another look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! There are so many campaigns running on Kickstarter at present that we're having two columns this week! If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Looking for a new D&D campaign setting? I've been aware of the World of Farland since I launched EN World, which was nearly two decades ago. It's a dark setting, in a land ruled by evil, which has spanned multiple D&D editions -- and now it's here for 5th Edition! The creator was kind enough to send over some exclusive previews for me to share.

Xanathar's Guide to Everything releases this week to selected stores. There are two covers - that "standard" cover and the "special edition" cover. Which of the two covers do you prefer? Vote right here!

Want a job designing Dungeons & Dragons products for WotC? They're hiring! A new job opportunity has been posted on Hasbro's jobs website. "This position creates D&D products, such as a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons. It is responsible for leading one product at a time, while providing feedback on other products in production. The person in this role is responsible for the final product, and must oversee and coordinate the work of designers, writers, and editors to combine individual contributions into a cohesive whole. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the product is consistent with D&D game mechanics and that new game material is properly playtested."

Xanathar's Guide to Everything comes out this week (November 10th) for some stores (and a couple of weeks later, on November 21st, elsewhere - check with your local game store!) The book has been showing up in the wild - several bloggers and live streamers have received copies and are posting initial thoughts and reviews, and it has shown up at GameHole Con. Photos courtesy of Dave Rosser.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Quite the roundup today! Six articles (two each for 5th Edition, Pathfinder, and WOIN), a new episode of Turn Order: Warped, and an upcoming Kickstarter. 5E fans will find some magical Halloween masks, and some unusual firearms; Pathfinder players can enjoy a village of bees, and an adventure set in a crystal fey castle; and WOINers (I just made that word up) will find the article of psionic equipment and the second part of the ZEITGEIST adventure path a satisfying bite!

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news. An incident at PaizoCon prompts responses from several game companies, Dungeon Tiles are coming back, WizKids will be playing in the Warhammer 40k sandbox, Fantasy Flight announces a new video game development studio, Saving Throw having a charity marathon, and a lot more!

Page 1 of 63 123456789101151 ... LastLast