Dungeons & Dragons
  • Dungeons & Dragons

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

...READ MORE

If Wizards of the Coast limits its Dungeons & Dragons output to a steady flow of products, the Dungeon Masters Guild amounts to a constantly rushing fire hose. Gamers can find a wealth of polished products on the DMs Guild, many of which feature original art and pro-quality design. But a newcomer might just as easily drown in generic and amateurish material. For M.T. Black, an Australia-based DMs Guild bestselling creator, the search for quality material on the guild pays serious dividends, especially for fans who get antsy waiting months for the next official release.  ...READ MORE

The latest Unearthed Arcana from Jeremy Crawford and again featuring guest writer Robert J. Schwalb introduces a number of feats which make you better at skills. Each increases the skill's primary ability score, doubles your proficiency bonus, and gives you a little bonus ability. "This week we introduce new feats to playtest. Each of these feats makes you better at one of the game’s eighteen skills. We invite you to read them, give them a try in play, and let us know what you think in the survey we release in the next installment of Unearthed Arcana."  ...READ MORE

We're nearly two weeks into this Kickstarter, and we're doing phenomenally well! I thought you might enjoy a few photos of my copies of A Touch of Class. As I mentioned on the main Kickstarter page, the book is finished and ready to go out as soon as the Kickstarter ends. No waiting around for this one! 7 new classes in the full-colour softcover book, and 45 new subclasses in 19 bonus PDFs, for 5th Edition!  ...READ MORE

The Dread Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog from Monty Python and the Holy Grail is legendary among tabletop gamers. It turns out that the diabolical rabbit has precedent in medieval manuscripts before it was finally imported to tabletop role-playing games.

...READ MORE

Becoming more fond of Theme Weeks, I decided this week should feature 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons products. While some may feel the release schedule of official Wizards of the Coast products isn't what they're used to (or what they'd prefer), it's important to note that there's a huge amount of material for the latest edition of the World's Most Popular RPG from both established publishers and super-fans with excellent design instincts and an abiding passion for the game.
     ...READ MORE

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

...READ MORE

This week's Unearthed Arcana, with Mike Mearls back after Rob Schwalb's guest spot last week, takes a look at downtime activities. "Sometimes the weeks between adventures are as eventful as the time on an adventure. This installment of Unearthed Arcana explores that in-between time by offering new and revised downtime activities for DMs to playtest in their campaigns."
     ...READ MORE

ICv2's recent announcement that hobby games have become "mainstream" heralds a new age for role-playing games. How did this happen and why should gamers care?

...READ MORE

Actor Joe Manganelio (from True Blood, Magic Mike, and more) appeared on the Happy Sad Confused podcast this week, and reported that he is co-writing a movie script. While he doesn't namecheck D&D, his description sounds a lot like it, and he did recently meet up with WotC. "Last year with a playwright I went to Carnegie Mellon with, I actually made a draft of a film, and now we're talking to all the right parties. I had a two-day creative summit with the Wizards of the Coast...we had like a two-day summit about where the movie could go or TV series, products, synergy, the whole deal… Obviously, there's a spectacle. There's dragons breathing fire and lightning. But what makes a great superhero or fantasy movie is the human aspect. It's got to be about something. We root for those characters in Game of Thrones. Fellowship of the Ring was about friendship, this undying love for your friends. That's something everyone can identify with. When a movie is about something human and real emotionally people are going to want to see. Then you get some dragons breathing fire, and hey, I'm in." And to add fuel to the fire, he even tweets a photo of a DRAGONLANCE script! (thanks to darjr for the scoop)  ...READ MORE

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

...READ MORE

The third part of the ZEITGEIST Player's Guide for 5th Edition introduces the city of Flint, and the Royal Homeland Constabulary. Complete with full-colour maps, this guide describes the various districts of Flint, along with the hierarchy of the RHC, details about its headquarters, and information on trailing and interrogating suspects. Find it over on EN5ider!  ...READ MORE

This week's Unearthed Arcana (this time by Robert J Schwalb, rather than Mike Mearls, along with Jeremy Crawford) details a section of new cantrips and 1st-level spells. In addition, WotC has announced that UA will be returning to its old monthly schedule, and Jeremy Crawford's Sage Advice column will return -- "For a while now, we’ve been releasing Unearthed Arcana multiple times a month as part of a special series of articles. That series wraps up at the end of April 2017. After that, we’ll return to releasing Unearthed Arcana once, sometimes twice, a month, and the Sage Advice column will return."  ...READ MORE

I've been talking about it all week, and now the time has come - the A TOUCH OF CLASS Kickstarter is now live! 7 new classes for 5th Edition! Meet the full alchemist, cardcaster, diabolist, feywalker, morph, noble, and occultist classes for your 5E games in this 70-page book! Get this gorgeous softcover book right away! We will deliver PDFs as soon as the Kickstarter ends, and the print version will be arriving with you shortly afterwards. No delays! And for those with a bigger appetite, you can also get 45 new subclasses. These seven classes originally appeared in EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon. Over time, they have been revised and updated after plenty of feedback from the community, and now they're ready to be presented as a full-colour softcover book! Each is a full class, along with archetypes; plus the collection includes a selection of supporting feats, spells, items, backgrounds, and monsters to help make the most from them. And yes, that includes the Noble, the name of our "Warlord" class! Click here (or on one of the pretty pictures below) to back it!  ...READ MORE

A Touch Of Class launches on Kickstarter in a couple of days, on Monday, April 3rd. Keep an eye out, because there will be early bird rewards for those who get in quickly. It features 7 new classes for 5th Edition, along with associated subclasses, feats, spells, and more. These classes all originally appeared in EN5ider, the 5E Patreon, and have been revised and updated based on your feedback. You can see a preview here, and a preview of the Alchemist class here. But this post is about the Noble - the 5E version of the Warlord - which was originally published in EN5ider nearly two years ago, and which has been revised and updated for this 70-page full colour softcover book.  ...READ MORE

A Touch of Class, the new 70-page full-color softcover class book for 5E, introduces seven new classes to your 5th Edition games, along with a range of associated subclasses, feats, spells, items, backgrounds, and more. The Kickstarter launches next week, on Monday, 3rd April. Here's a quick preview of a couple of pages of the Alchemist, one of the 7 classes featured (the others are the Cardcaster, Diabolist, Feywalker, Morph, Noble, and Occultist).  ...READ MORE

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! We finally know what the PlanEscape website is all about, Goodman Games is bringing us In Search of the Unknown at the Keep on the Borderlands, Friend Computer might be upset if you don't find out about a new pre-order available, RuneQuest gets a new line developer, and more!

...READ MORE

Unearthed Arcana is back, and this week it's a trio of subclasses covering the monk, the ranger, and the paladin. "Three classes each receive a playtest option this week. The monk gets the Way of the Drunken Master. The paladin gets the Oath of Redemption. And the ranger gets the Monster Slayer, a reimagining of the Monster Hunter that we previously released for the fighter."  ...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

...READ MORE

I-CON, short for Island CONvention, has been a staple of geek culture on Long Island for decades. I-CON disappeared for five years, but it returned this year with I-CON 32 to a new venue. I had the pleasure of being a guest last weekend once more and I'm happy to report the con is back on its feet.

...READ MORE