ENnies
  • ENnies

Hello everyone, Darryl here with help me help me we went from no news to too much news and I don’t know what to do! Gen Con, Diana Jones, ENnies, highly anticipated products released, all new products and licenses announced, it’s just too much!

NOTE -- THIS EVENT IS NOW OVER. Tonight at Gen Con, live at 8:00 PM EDT (1am GMT) at the Union Station, Indianapolis, Stacy Dellorfano will host the 17th Annual Gen Con EN World RPG Awards! You can watch it live on YouTube! Thousands of people voted on this year's nominations - who will win? Tune in tonight to find out live! Not that the video channel will not be active until the ceremony begins at 8pm. If you're at Indy, of course, you are welcome to the ceremony. It's free - no tickets needed, and there's a bar which opens an hour or so earlier!

With the ENnie Awards coming up at Gen Con soon, and voting fully underway, I thought another look at the various nominations was in order. So, once again, I've chosen to delve into certain categories and pick something to highlight while pointing out some other entries in the same field. This week, it's the Judges Spotlight Winners, Best Family Game, Best RPG Related Product, Best Art, Cover, and Product of the Year.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! D&D Beyond launch date and pricing information finally announced (and it’s not that bad all things considered), this year’s Spiel des Jahres winners announced, Privateer Press launches a new miniature subscription box service, WizKids steps on the toes of Penny Arcade, and more!

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Gen Con sells out, but doesn’t, but kinda does, but you can still get in. ENnie Award voting opens and find out who’ll be telling us the winners! Dice Tower Award winners announced! Star Trek Adventures released in digital format! An update on HyperRPG’s copyright claims and the HUGE legal quagmire it was a part of! And more!

It's time to vote in the 2017 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards! The voting booth is now open. You can vote on one, some, or all of the categories, selecting from the presented nominees. For more information on the nominees, click here. The voting booth will remain open for ten days, closing on July 21st. The ENnies Award Winners will be announced live at Gen Con on Friday, August 18th in an awards ceremony hosted by Stacy Dellorfano.

We are excited to announce Stacy Dellorfano as the Mistress of Ceremonies for the 2017 ENnie Awards. A long time gamer, Stacy is the founder of ConTessa, the ENnie Award winning organization that seeks to change the face of gaming through an innovative convention-within-a-convention program run entirely by women and minorities, and open to attendance by all. Using the power of positive representation, ConTessa has been inspiring leaders and creators for nearly five years. In addition, Stacy writes and directs games and adventures with the most recent addition being the completion of the 3rd printing of Swords & Wizardry, revisioned by a design team comprised entirely of women. We hope you are able to join us for the ENnie award ceremony on Friday, August 18th at 8pm!

Hey, guess what? They've announced the ENnie Award Nominees this week, so I made the Picks all about them as a celebration! I am particularly thrilled to see so many diverse products on that list, and some serious contenders that don't necessarily represent the "folks who always win." I've enjoyed looking through all of this and picking out some products you should definitely take an interest in. I'll probably use the ENnies for some future Theme Weeks as we go, as well.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Did anyone here mention the ENnie Nominations were announced yet? The 2018 Judge Applications are open as well! There’s also news for another Magic: The Gathering/Dungeons & Dragons crossover, Cubicle 7’s loss is Why Not Games’s gain, Dresden Files Accelerated damaged units will be replaced, Emerald City’s volunteer lawsuit settled, and much more!

It's that time of year again - the time where we announce the year's nominees for the Gen Con EN World RPG Awards! The judges have deliberated, and selected their nominees for each of the below categories. Congratulations go to all of the 2017 ENnie Award Nominees. Public voting will take place this year from July 11th - July 21st, and the awards will be presented as always at Gen Con!

It’s that time of the year again. The siren’s call of the ENnies has been sounded and the question goes out; who will answer? Do you think you have what it takes to be an ENnies judge? Do you have the fortitude to stand up against the barrage of RPG products, the reflexes to navigate the plethora of text and toys, and the will to emerge with the finest goods produced during the year? If so, then this is a great opportunity for you! Starting on June 30, 2017, people will be able to throw their hats into the ring and nominate themselves. The last day for nominating will be July 7, so you’ll have one week to make your decision. More details on the ENnies website.

Today is the final day to enter the 2017 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards! For those publishers who want to wait until the last minute, your last minute is nigh! Any package with a postmark dated after today, May 8, 2017, can not be accepted and any e-submission received after today, May 8, 2017, can not be accepted. Gen Con 50 will be one of the largest crowds yet, let’s make this year’s awards memorable! The ENnies are the premiere RPG awards program, presented live at Gen Con every year.

After three successful years as Business Manager for the annual Gen Con EN World RPG Awards, Gabriel Whitehead is taking a more behind-the-scenes role with the awards. Gabriel and Cindy Whitehead will still be attending Gen Con and will still be involved with the ENnies, but it’s time for a new Business Manager to take the reigns!

So there was this show - you might have heard of it - a convention called Gen Con. I was there last week, from Wednesday to last Sunday. I spent Monday in a kind of lethargic coma, and really only started to be remotely human Tuesday. During this time, the Pick of the Day went largely untended, and I totally missed doing this weekly roundup of mine whilst in the midst of the madness in Indianapolis. You all have my sincerest apologies on that mark, and I hope to make it up to you with this cornucopia of selections. Included is a large number of ENnie Award winners, so read on and discover gaming grandeur!

If you won or were nominated for an ENnie, and you need a logo to use, I've attached a ZIP file containing gold and silver winners, plus nominee logos below. Feel free to use any of them. Also included are the main ENnies and EN World logos. Congratulations again to everybody who won!

Tonight in the Union Station Grand Hall, Indianapolis, the 2015 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards ceremony took place - and the winners were announced! Hosted by Mike Selinker, with guest presenters including Amanda Valentine, John Adamus, Kevin Kulp, and Matt McElroy, the ENnies this year were sponsored by DriveThruRPG and Campaign Coins.

Today is the last day to vote in the 2015 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards. Last year's record of just over 16,000 individual voters has been smashed; as of right now, the tally is about to hit 19,000 voters. The voting booth closes tonight at midnight US central time. You can vote for as many or as few categories as you wish; also you can vote for next year's ENnies judging panel. So pop on over, cast a vote or two, and help make your favourite game designer smile!

This week has a heavy focus on ENnie Award Nominees, and there's a great teaser about a fantastic, hobby-changing development in the works.

Here are some thoughts on awards, and why I personally think you should vote for them. I was asked on Twitter why D&D needed to be nominated for an award, and whether it would affect its sales. So. When the ENnies judges evaluate products, one question they never ask themselves is "Will this nomination affect this product's sales?" They also never ask themselves "Does this company need an award?" What they ask is "Do we think this product is among the best in this category?" You may or may not agree with their conclusion (and that's OK - if everybody liked everything in the world exactly the same amount, it'd be a pretty dull world; plus the judges are elected, so there's a great opportunity to vote judges more to your liking next year! Or run yourself!), but that's how it comes about.

It's finally time to vote for your choices in this year's Gen Con EN World RPG Awards! 23 categories of products, 13 judge nominees for 2016, and over 100 publishers nominated for Fan's Choice For Best Publisher. So head on over to the voting booth and cast your ballots. The winners will be announced at the ENnies ceremony at Gen Con on Friday, 31st July. Good luck to all the nominees!
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast