OSR
  • OSR

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

For Coin & Blood is Gallant Knight Games old-school inspired fantasy RPG that gets you playing the sum and villains that you’d probably be more at home fighting in other fantasy games. Assassins, cult leaders, thieves, fallen nobles, mercenaries, necromancers, and more, the game is about antiheroes rooted in the darkest recess of mankind’s depredations.

Limited to 100 copies, The Complete Vigilante Hack compiles The Vigilante Hack, A City Full of Sinners and an all-new, previously unreleased, book called Sanctuary Asylum. Based off The Black Hac,k by David Black, each copy of this 6”x9” softcover will be signed and numbered. Each backer will also receive a PDF copy of The Complete Vigilante.

It’s hard to imagine that The Folio series only started three years ago. The series has been creating some great quality adventures, and supplements, for both 1E & 5E on a regular basis and built it’s company, Art of the Genre, a strong reputation for fulfilling their Kickstarter campaigns and earning them a loyal following. This latest campaign looks at returning to where everything started, and reprinting the very first Folio that started it all off.

Musicland is the third expansion to the Castle of the Mad Archmage megadungeon adventure for OSR games. In this adventure, the characters are catapulted to a parallel dimension called Musicland where musical instruments are alive, people speak in musical notes, and the King of Instruments produces melodies that embody the Platonic ideal of music itself.

Before the rise of TSR and its premiere game, Dungeons & Dragons, Avalon Hill was the dominant force in the tabletop gaming industry. Avalon Hill has since been absorbed by its competitor and is now a wargame brand of Wizards of the Coast. How did it comes to this?

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

I kind of got the jump on DriveThruRPG with my New Year, New Game Week, but I was rushing out the door for our visit with friends and family back east for the holidays, and it just made sense for the very first week of 2018. I hope you all had a grand time with your holidays, and I hope you have a great year of gaming ahead of you. Here's some solid suggestions for you to explore...

Gathox Vertical Slum is a rules supplement and setting book for old school fantasy role-playing games (in the mode of Dungeons & Dragons) that combines a European weird fantasy sensibility with the claustrophobic oppressiveness of Judge Dredd's Mega City One setting. Fans of the French artist Moebius or the psychedelic sensibilities of Alejandro Jodorowsky will find plenty to spice up their campaigns with this game book. Gathox is the singular vision of writer and artist D.L. Johnson.

Rifts Atlantis, the second World Book for the Rifts RPG covers the legendary lost continent. Slightly shorter than its predecessor, it still packs a wealth of content into its 161 pages. Beginning with a brief history of the lost continent by Rifts character Erin Tarn, the reader is exposed to the backstory of the continent. This section is well-written and insightful, providing a superb jumping point for using this setting in one’s own Rifts campaign.

The world of Dark Sun existed as an eco-disaster with most uses of arcane magic burning life to dust. Steel exists only as lost treasure and iron is as rare as gold. Water gives life but is a rare commodity and even if an oasis can be found it is likely protected or may be the hunting grounds for some menacing beast. Heavy armor is not only rare but likely to bake its wearer beneath the brutal sun and lead to death even without a battle.

Welcome to out latest 'New Releases' column. This week we're just showcasing the 'Role Playing Game PDF Spotlights' section of the column as most distributors are shut between Christmas and New Year so no new physical games will be hitting stores next week. We'll be back with the regular, full-sized, column next week to kick off the new year. I hope the column has helped you discover some new and exciting games over the last twelve months and continues to do so in 2018! Enjoy the holidays whatever you're up to and, without further ado, here are a selection of new PDF releases from the last week...

Multimedia titans have noticed that success of Marvel's shared superhero universe, which replicates the comic model of characters crossing over into other arcs to create a web of stories that spiral into infinity. Hasbro has also taken note, and it looks like the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movies are planned to take a similar approach. The concept of a shared universe is a key part of D&D today, but it wasn't always that way.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we look a 5th Edition sourcebook for Dragon Kings, the latest updated game in the Chronicles of Darkness series, a supplement for an ENnie award winner, some old school adventuring, new dungeon tiles to spice up your table and a cookbook that'll drive your players insane! If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Last night our gaming group started a new game, dipping deep into the history of tabletop role-playing games we had decided to go for a game using the Original Dungeon & Dragons rules. The group has flirted around the edges of the ruleset with various retroclones over the years, but it has probably been a good thirty years since I've directly played the game. We had three players and the DM, and a night of adventure.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

One of my favorite retroclones has long been Chris Gonnerman's work of love, the Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game. Basic Fantasy (as I'll shorten the title to for the rest of this piece) flies under the radar of a lot of gamers, even those among the old school fandoms, because it isn't a flashy game, and it doesn't feature the works of creators who spend their copious free time being edgy online. What the game does is to be a solid presentation of a fantasy ruleset that builds off of the 3.x SRD material in a way that is simple and to the point. It combines a reverence for the old with a respect for the last thirty years of game design. And, it does all of this with one of the most engaged fanbases that I think I have seen online.

Welcome back to the second part of our 'catch-up' New Releases column this week. This installment looks at the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also look at a selection of RPG PDF releases from last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
    Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast