OSR
  • OSR

Fever Swamp is an adventure compatible with Lamentations of the Flame Princess and most other OSR games. Fever Swamp will be a 30+page A5 (digest) book containing a series of geographically linked vignettes to explore. Flavours of nihilism, questions of inherent evil, and the abject failure of civilisation. And dampness, so damp.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Frank Mentzer's Worlds of Empyrea Kickstarter has been announced for Monday, 2nd October. I initially covered this a few weeks ago -- he is planing a 5E and Red Box compatible setting based on the same world as Greyhawk, and is inviting a group of TSR-era artists to join the project.

This latest RPG crate shows promise but there are a few missteps in execution. I'd like to see the scroll without rules on it so it can be used in any version of D&D, less artwork that I could easily print myself, and props that you can actually wear.

Some great news for Greyhawk fans! Frank Mentzer, who designed the 1983 edition D&D Basic Set (known as the "Red Box") along with its sequels, co-wrote The Temple of Elemental Evil with Gary Gygax, and more, is to launch a Kickstarter soon for a 5th Edition and Red Box compatible region of a continent east of the well-known Greyhawk setting, known as the realm of Empyrea, a continent described in the adventure Egg of the Phoenix in 1987. He is working with Ted Fauster (World of Faerel), and is inviting famous artists of that era of D&D to join the project, such as Clyde Caldwell, Larry Elmore, and Erol Otus. He's doing this based on written permission from Gary Gygax dating back to 1981.

The mighty Frog God is at it again with their new Kickstarter offering the fourth instalment in the Quests of Doom series. This time round not only are the modules offered for three different systems (Fifth Edition, Swords & Wizardry and Pathfinder) but theyare offering you a complete ‘pick and mix’ approach to what you’d like. There are sixteen (yes, 16!) adventures in total so across the three systems that makes up 48 to choose from in PDF or print. Every print adventure automatically comes with the PDF version free.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs and Wargames... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

For a while there, it felt like Mythoard was slipping into obscurity, but with this installment they came roaring back with what they call a "double crate." This video is also where I rant about making it clear in the packaging what RPG is for what system -- it's like trying to unlock a puzzle every time I read through one of these books.

This video is my unboxing of the May 2017 Mythoard RPG crate. Mythoard 28 is a much-improved collection of RPG accessories over previous installments. It's clear that the Mythoard gang has gotten the message that subscribers want more accessories and less books, and that change is evident in the latest Mythoard.

Welcome to The Midderlands – an old school game setting and bestiary based on Swords & Wizardry Complete but for use with any other OSR systems or even games such as D&D or Pathfinder. The Midderlands is a green-hued, dark-fantasy, late-middle ages, early-renaissance view through grime-smeared spectacles. The setting itself is based on an area in the middle of England near where I live called The Midlands. Many of the locations are loosely based on reality, but others are pure fantasy from an addled mind.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

Have you ever wondered where the battle against chaos comes from? How did dragons first come to be the enemies of man? Role playing games embrace mythology and a seed was planted thousands of years ago in the tales of early man. The Chaoskampf or "Struggle against chaos" is a concept born from the studies of these mythologies, specifically the Proto Indo-European religions that evolved into modern beliefs. Although the Chaoskampf is only one part of these myths, it clearly has had an important influence on RPGs and the associated literature. Today we will focus on the myths of Sumeria and Babylon that give rise to a dragon whose name we know well.

This past weekend was Free RPG Day, the red-headed step child of Free Comic Book Day, where gamers descend upon shops for free SWAG. This year I spent part of the day at a local gaming store, Serenity Games, running a Fate Accelerated game for a busy table, connecting with some friends that I don't get to see often enough, talking about future events and meeting new people. I picked up a few of the items available (the store is much more generous about how much people can pick up than a lot of stores).

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

The fireball is a staple of Dungeons & Dragons-style magic that clearly distinguishes its modern wargaming roots from the fantasy dress it adopted. As such, the history of the fireball spell is a history of D&D itself.

We have a BUMPER New Releases rundown this week - including all the releases to hit stores in the last two weeks (yeah, sorry, we missed last weeks due to me coming down with ConCrud after UK Games Expo...)! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

April's Mythoard came with little fanfare and not much communication. Is this the calm before the storm or a bad sign for Mythoard?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast