Cypher System
  • Cypher System

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest.  ...READ MORE

It's a big new releases for stores this coming week. The new Numenera Slipcase, a host of Glorantha material, Starfinder, Pathfinder, Adventures in Middle-earth and lots more across RPGs, board, card and miniature gaming! Plus we have a look at some of the new digitakl releases from last week!  ...READ MORE

This week's crop of new releases aim to open your imagination to worlds of wonder and bring you adventures that will be Legendary! Stories and endeavors worthy of sagas to be told for generations! Or, in other words, here are a great crop of new games for you and your group to enjoy. Hope you spot something you can't wait to bring to your table!  ...READ MORE

Monte Cook Games has a license to create original content for their in-house tabletop system dubbed the Cypher System Creator program. This option augments their offerings by allowing crowd-sourced adventures and supplements. Are you looking for a solid set of Cypher System adventures?

...READ MORE

There has been a lot of releases from Monte Cook Games over the last few months, as books come out and Kickstarter funded projects roll out, as it looks like the company is clearing the decks for the release this summer of their big project, Invisible Sun. Today, I am going to look at a couple of releases for the more generic version of their house system, the Cypher System game. This is going to be an MCG two-fer as I talk about the Expanded Worlds and Unmasked supplements.

...READ MORE

Welcome to the Cypher System Creator Roundup! Unlocked during Monte Cook Games’ Worlds of the Cypher System Kickstarter campaign, the Cypher System Creator program is an option to distribute and/or sell official Cypher System crowd-sourced content. Setup within DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, the model is similar to the Storyteller’s Vault (World of Darkness), and the Explorer’s Society (7th Sea) in that individual creators can share their Cypher System content as long as it conforms to the content guidelines for the program, which can be found here.

...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

Welcome to the Cypher System Creator Roundup! Unlocked during Monte Cook Games’ Worlds of the Cypher System Kickstarter campaign, the Cypher System Creator program is an option to distribute and/or sell official Cypher System crowd-sourced content. Setup within DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, the model is similar to the Storyteller’s Vault (World of Darkness), and the Explorer’s Society (7th Sea) in that individual creators can share their Cypher System content as long as it conforms to the content guidelines for the program, which can be found here.

...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

I kind of got the jump on DriveThruRPG with my New Year, New Game Week, but I was rushing out the door for our visit with friends and family back east for the holidays, and it just made sense for the very first week of 2018. I hope you all had a grand time with your holidays, and I hope you have a great year of gaming ahead of you. Here's some solid suggestions for you to explore...
     ...READ MORE

2017 has been a great year for tabletop roleplaying crowdfunding campaigns. Millions of dollars have been raised to bring hundreds of games and accessories to life. Over the course of the year I’ve tracked 658 projects covering roleplaying games, supplements, accessories and a few related miniature, dice and licensed computer game projects. Of those 658, 38 were cancelled by their creators, 68 failed to fund by the deadline and almost 300,000 backers brought the rest to life. What were 2017’s biggest roleplaying projects? Well, I’m glad you asked…

...READ MORE

...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

At the beginning of November a free preview appeared online for a new Dennis Detwiller (Delta Green; Wild Talents; Godlike) penned setting, published by Monte Cook Games, called Unmasked. At the same time a 20-page short story, Unmasked: Day One was also released. If Detwiller's involvement wasn’t enough to get me excited the tag line ”Superpowers and Horror in a Dark Eighties just further ticked my boxes. Now the complete 192-page setting, using the Cypher System, has been released, and it looks good…
     ...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, and Miniatures... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.
     ...READ MORE

Next week sees the retail release of Vurt: The Tabletop Roleplaying Game. A cyberpunk roleplaying game based on the novels of Jeff Noon and using Monte Cook Games Cypher System. The game was funded on Kickstarter and designed by US company Ravendesk Games. Below we take a look at some of the art from the book and hear from Ravendesks’ Lee Pruitt about the game…
     ...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

It's always an event when Monte Cook Games launches a Kickstarter. As a company, they have mastered the art of crowdfunding, with several well-executed, extremely successful Kickstarters under their belt - the original Numenera in 2012 raised over half a million dollars, and in total the company has run 11 high-profile, slick campaigns. The latest promises to be more of the same - Numenera 2: Discovery & Destiny has launched!  ...READ MORE
    Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast