Pathfinder RPG
  • Pathfinder RPG

This week's updates from EN Publishing include three new "summer" themed subclasses for your 5E game, random tables for generating a new cult for your Pathfinder game, a massive online equipment catalogue for WOIN, as well as the latest episode of Turn Order: Warped!

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Whew! Gen Con over and done with, and what a show! But time waits for no one, which means it’s time for a new PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP!

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

I don't normally report on staff changes at RPG companies unless it's something major. I feel like a couple of Paizo staff updates are worth mentioning though. First, James Sutter, co-creator of Pathfinder, and creative director of Starfinder, is leaving Paizo to write full-time (although he says he will still freelance for Paizo). Don't worry - it's all amicable, as he reports in a blog post at Paizo's website. Secondly, I'm informed by Paizo staff that Paizo has hired TSR's Jim Butler, who helped spearhead Alternity, and ran Bastion Press in the early 2000s, as Vice President of Marketing and Licensing.

It's been a helluva week all over the world, with some notable events over here in the northern part of the Western Hemisphere. As I type this, the southern part of Mexico got hit with an 8.1 magnitude earthquake. Texas and Louisiana are still cleaning up and rebuilding from Harvey while the most terrifying storm to ever come out of the Atlantic bears down on Florida and the South (having already chewed up and spit out some Caribbean islands). I keep expecting to see John Cusack go screaming past in a beat-up RV. Look for what I've done so far to try and help folks in the epilogue section below. Meanwhile, it was Stuff & Things Week for the Picks, with some books dedicated to tools and gear for your characters to handle anything.

This week's veritable plethora of goodies includes the next part of the critically acclaimed ZEITGEIST adventure path for 5th Edition, a dark fantasy adventure for Pathfinder, and the first (real) episode of Turn Order: Warped, Season 2!

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Hang on... it can't already be a week since my last column? I know right! You're getting a bonus column out of me because of the amount of the campaigns out there being crowdfunded at present! Yesterdays column looked at a bunch of Pathfinder and 5th Edition books available and today we're looking at some other campaigns... as well as a couple of Pathfinder/5E ones.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Starfinder dropped at Gen Con 50, and what was supposed to last through the weekend sold out in six hours on Thursday. Seriously, Paizo planned for a good reception and printed a lot more than they normally do, and it still flew out of that booth faster than a dragon late for a bison buffet. I am very proud for my friends at Paizo, especially lead designer and good buddy, Owen K.C. Stephens. Thus, the theme for this week, showcasing one of the most prolific and enjoyed writer/designers of the day.

Sales of the hobby game market are on the rise, with tabletop role-playing games increasing along with other tabletop games. With a new Wizards of the Coast CEO in place who values Dungeons & Dragons as much as Magic: The Gathering and a movie on the horizon, we're starting to see signs that D&D is doing very well indeed.

This week in our updates list from EN Publishing we have a new shapeshifting Pathfinder playable race over in TRAILseeker, a random fantasy ship creator for 5E fans over on EN5ider, the latest episode of WOIN's Turn Order: Warped livestreamed game (and it's a shocker!), and news of WOIN errata and a monster building web app!

Paizo is busy setting up its booth at Gen Con in Indianapolis - and that means a LOT of Starfinder hardcovers. This picture is courtesy of Paizo's James Sutter.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

This week from EN Publishing we have a new plug-in location in the Over the Next Hill series over on EN5ider, the 5th Edition Patreon, a look at how the legal system works in a fantasy medieval world filled with magic over on TRAILseeker, the Pathfinder Patreon, and a monster-creation system (and web app!) for GMs who need a little help creating NPCs and critters for the What's OLD is NEW system - along with an accompanying web app which does all the work for you!

If you have trouble finding adventures suitable for your Dungeons & Dragons campaign, there's a new tool in town. Adventure Lookup lets you teach for RPG adventures by keywords, levels, systems, settings and more. It contains details of adventures for all editions of D&D, including Pathfinder, OSR, DCC, and others as well as - of course! - D&D 5th Edition. The site has just launched, and only has a few hundred adventures on it so far, but that will grow over time.

The mighty Frog God is at it again with their new Kickstarter offering the fourth instalment in the Quests of Doom series. This time round not only are the modules offered for three different systems (Fifth Edition, Swords & Wizardry and Pathfinder) but theyare offering you a complete ‘pick and mix’ approach to what you’d like. There are sixteen (yes, 16!) adventures in total so across the three systems that makes up 48 to choose from in PDF or print. Every print adventure automatically comes with the PDF version free.

This week's updates from EN Publishing include an article on EN5ider, the 5E Patreon, about variant humans for 5th Edition, making humans less the "default, average" race, and more varied with a range of alternative traits; on TRAILseeker, the Pathfinder Patreon, there's ten new transmutation spells; and the latest episode of Turn Order: Warped is here, as the Black Fang's intrepid crew prepare to rescue a hostage! And last, but by no means least, the release of The Nereid Trilogy, a sci-fi WOIN adventure by Jacob Rodgers.

DragonWing Games have added two more old d20 settings to their portfolio with Violet Dawn and The Hunt: Rise of Evil both seeing new editions planned for a variety of systems. DragonWing have made a series of announcements in the past week, making deals to bring back a number of out of print campaign settings and updating them. Read on for more information...

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast