Hello everyone, Darryl here with this weekís gaming news! Game companies come to the aid of hurricane victims once again, Fantasy Flight announces details for two games, Modiphius releases pre-order info for Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Games Workshop releases their annual fiscal report, and more!

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store weíre also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

In the wake of the terrible disaster that fell upon Houston and the rest of that region (and, in many ways, is ongoing as of this writing), I dedicated my first Pick of the Week to pointing out many different avenues to which folks could contribute. I can also report that a bundle is currently being constructed for the purpose of providing aid to the region (more on that when I can). The rest of this past week was dedicated to games that work in some way to elevate, inspire, or just raise the joy in all of us. Welcome to Uplifting Games Week!

Could this be the cover of Green Ronin's forthcoming World of Lazarus RPG for Modern AGE? Quite possibly as the banner is adorning Green Ronin's Gen Con Booth. Green Ronin announced the license of Greg Rucka's Lazarus from Image Comics back in May, to be released alongside the Modern AGE this Fall.

Green Ronin have announced they have signed a licensing agreement with James S. A. Corey to adapt The Expanse series of novels as a tabletop roleplaying game. The Expanse series is one of the best sci-fi series of novels and novellas around at present and is currently also on TV screens worldwide as a hit TV series.

Green Ronin has revealed the cover of Modern AGE, the contemporary version of their Fantasy AGE ruleset. The Adventure Game Engine is Green Ronin's universal ruleset, which began with Dragon Age, continued with Fantasy AGE, and which powers Will Wheaton's Titansgrave setting and Blue Rose. Modern AGE will have its own settings, too, including the World of Lazarus, based on the comic series by Greg Rucka.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs and Wargames... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

After a successful Kickstarter project, Green Ronin Publishing have put out a second edition of their Blue Rose role-playing game. Inspired by the works of romantic fantasy from authors such as Mercedes Lackey, Tamora Pierce and Diane Duane, Blue Rose was originally powered by a variant of the D20 rules that Green Ronin called True20, and this new game uses the company's house system called the Adventure Game Engine, or AGE. The rules themselves are descended from the company's licensed role-playing game based upon the franchise of the Dragon Age computer games.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week weíll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the Ďbehind the scenesí business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything youíd like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please donít hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly. This week we look at a selection of settings, adventures and supplements for 5th Edition and Pathfinder.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this weekís gaming news! Green Ronin announces Lazarus and Modern AGE, Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition is on its way, Tales from the Loop brings 80s style kid adventure to the tabletop, Dead of Winter gets a PvP expansion, Magic: The Gathering has a hasty update to un-break the game, and more!

The critically acclaimed world of Lazarus is coming to our tabletops as a setting for Green Roninís Modern AGE Roleplaying Game. Lazarus is a comic publishing by Image Comics and created by Greg Rucka. Lazarus and the Modern AGE RPG will both be released this Fall.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

It started with the groundbreaking Baron Munchausen, which helped change everyone's views of what gaming might entail. Then I realized it was time to show off the new Blue Rose, and there it was - Interesting and Different Week! These are all games that break some ground in some way, or at least defiantly step away from M1A1-standard issue gaming concepts. Don't get me wrong - I will always love the classic forms. Still, it's really nice to take a look at just how far and wide this hobby has wandered.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week's gaming news! Paizo's Twitch stream including a lot of Starfinder news, Wizards of the Coast announced their next D&D book, Acquisitions Inc delivers a holiday special for sale, Green Ronin announces their plans for 2017, Mongoose Publishing does the same for their Traveller line, and more!

Roll20's Quarter 1 2016 data analytics report has just arrived in my inbox, so, as always, it's stats time again! Not surprisingly, D&D 5th Edition remains the most-played system on the virtual tabletop (35.44% of all games, increasing by 4.05%), while Pathfinder, D&D 3.5 and D&D 4E all decreased slightly - but only by a single percent or so each.

Icv2's latest tabletop gaming survey (for Fall 2015) is in, and Dungeons & Dragons has maintained its top spot on the chart with Pathfinder and Star Wars following behind. Great news for Green Ronin Publishing is that two of their games, Dragon Age and Fantasy Age separately make up the 4th and 5th spots, spurred on by endorsements from Wil Wheaton and his Titansgrave web show for the game. The usual disclaimer applies (before the thread turns into a lengthy list of people saying it) - this is a survey based on interviews of retailers, distributors, and manufacturers, and isn't a report of actual sales figures.

Today marks an incredibly important and special day in our hobby. Early on, it might be said it was something of a whim, but over the years, the RPG culture truly embraced the idea of celebrating our Game Masters on an annual basis. After all, no GM, no game! In 2008, the holiday took on an even greater and more powerful meaning, as one of the Godfathers of Gaming, Gary Gygax, went on to other realms of adventure. Sites like DriveThruRPG are holding massive sales for those wanting to celebrate by buying tons of gaming stuff (and maybe, you know, giving something nice to their favorite GMs). Here's a bunch of great Picks, as well as a link to the DriveThruRPG sale page at the end.

Green Ronin has revealed its plans for the coming year - a year packed with news of Fantasy AGE, Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave, Mutants & Masterminds, and more! In fact, with over 20 products planned, Green Ronin has a pretty hectic release schedule. You can read the full report here, but for those looking for the highlights, I've listed them below. The schedule includes RPGs, card games, dice, even a coffee-table book about fantasy cinema. Plus there are new or revised GM's Kits for several of their lines with new GM screens, reference cards, and combat trackers.

One of the interesting things over the last few weeks has been watching the Hot Games Chart change over the Gen Con period. As you may know, that chart monitors over 1,000 sites, blogs, and forums and compares how often different games are mentioned. The big change recently has been the meteoric rise of Green Ronin's Adventure Game Engine (which powers Dragon AGE, Fantasy AGE, Titansgrave, etc.) In the last three months it has climbed from #20 or so all the way up to #4 on the [non D&D] chart, and to #9 on the combined chart.

So there was this show - you might have heard of it - a convention called Gen Con. I was there last week, from Wednesday to last Sunday. I spent Monday in a kind of lethargic coma, and really only started to be remotely human Tuesday. During this time, the Pick of the Day went largely untended, and I totally missed doing this weekly roundup of mine whilst in the midst of the madness in Indianapolis. You all have my sincerest apologies on that mark, and I hope to make it up to you with this cornucopia of selections. Included is a large number of ENnie Award winners, so read on and discover gaming grandeur!
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast