Ask Me Anything
  • Ask Me Anything

WotC's Mike Mearls is doing an AMA over on Reddit today. I'm sorting the answers into categories and posting them here for easy reading. I'll update this regularly throughout the day. Mike Mearls is the D&D 5th Edition lead designer. In this AMA he touches on things he doesn't like about 5E (the ranger, the initiative system), how he got his job at WotC, the number of people in the D&D design team (spoiler: it's 10), along with various answers about his favourite class, monster, and pizza topping. At the bottom you'll find all the random "what's your favourite class?" type questions, separated out so that you can skip them if you want to.

You know of Richard Baker; or at least you know of his work. He has worked on the Birthright Campaign Setting (2e), Alternity Science Fiction Roleplaying Game, 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons, 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms (creative director), Dark Sun Campaign Setting (4e), Gamma World Roleplaying Game (4e), Lost Mines of Phandelver (5e), Princes of the Apocalypse (5e), Primeval Thule Campaign Setting (lots of editions), Conquest of Nerath and Axis & Allies Miniatures and dozen Forgotten Realms novels, including the LAST MYTHAL and BLADES OF THE MOONSEA trilogies. Now he's launching a new board game called Ultimate Scheme. He is holding an Ask Me Anything (AMA) here at EN World this week, so if you have any questions about his work, now's the time! Pop in to the AMA thread and Ask Him Anything!

Tomorrow (August 10th), RPG designer and publisher Monte Cook will be holding an Ask Me Anything (AMA) right here at EN World. You can ask him about anything, including Numenera, D&D, Monte Cook Games, Malhavoc Press, and more. The AMA will continue through the week.

This epic interview with Eberron creator Keith Baker covers both Eberron and Keith's upcoming card-based RPG, Phoenix: Dawn Command. It is composed of questions and answers from multiple people in Keith's EN World Ask Me Anything (AMA) in April. To make it a little easier, I have re-organised the questions into two sections, one on PDC and one on Eberron. Get yourself a coffee first; like most AMAs, it's pretty long, but well worth the read!

Today, June 10th, 2015, Margaret Weis is holding an AMA right here on EN World. Book editor for TSR, co-creator of Dragonlance, and co-author of the Dragonlance Chronicles and Dragonlance Legends, author of many popular novel series, and CEO of Margaret Weis Productions, the company which publishes the Cortex Plus system, the Firefly RPG, and which previously published the ENnie-winning Marvel Heroic Roleplaying. The Star of the Guardians novel series was recently picked up for film and television by Filmscope Entertainment. Margaret will be answering questions today! You can start asking questions right now!

Just over a month ago, Wolfgang Baur of Kobold Press held an Ask Me Anything (AMA) here on EN World. In addition to D&D 5E's Tyranny of Dragons, questions covered a wide range of subjects including D&D 5E, Pathfinder, the Midgard setting, and more. For those who missed it at a time, here's the full AMA compiled tidily into interview format for ease.

Today June 1st, 2015, Shanna Germain is holding an AMA right here on EN World! A writer, editor, and instructor for more than 20 years, Shanna's award-winning short fiction, essays, novellas, articles, poems, and books have been widely published. She is the co-owner of Monte Cook Games, LLC and the creative director for Numenera, The Strange, and the Cypher System Rulebook. Currently, she is the lead designer for No Thank You, Evil!, an upcoming RPG for creative families. Before she became a full-time writer, she worked as a bartender, plant wrangler, ice cream topper, firefighter, paramedic, house sitter, and groundskeeper. She owns a rescue dog named Ampersand and an invisible dragon named Interobang. You can ask questions right now!

We've held a few awesome Ask Me Anythings (AMAs) here on EN World the last week or so. Keith Baker and Wolfgang Baur were fantastic, and I hope many more people, companies, publishers, and creators will take advantage of the format and hold an AMA here. And now it's my turn! For the next couple of days, you may Ask Me Anything. Well, not anything, but a lot of things. I'm happy to answer questions about EN World, the ENnies, EN Publishing, What's O.L.D. is N.E.W., gaming, and more. I've been running EN World for 16 years now, and have reported on a lot of industry changes over the years, as well as multiple editions of D&D, and I think it would be remiss of me to invite folks to hold AMAs without giving an example of one myself. So until tomorrow, Ask Me Anything!

Today, Thursday, April 30th, Wolfgang Baur (Kobold Press, DUNGEON Magazine, D&D 5E Tyranny of Dragons, Advanced Races Compendium) is doing an Ask Me Anything here on EN World. A well-known game designer and publisher, Wolfgang's best-known recent credits are with Kobold Press, WotC's Tyranny of Dragons adventures for D&D 5th Edition, Pathfinder, and the Midgard Campaign Setting. This AMA will take place throughout the day today. Ask him anything! Among the ďanythingsĒ, he can talk about the upcoming Kickstarter, Kobold Press in general, and the new edition of D&D.

Mike Selinker wears a number of hats. In addtional to being this year's ENnies host at Gen Con, he's the designer of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, runs Lone Shark Games, developed the Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game, and is soon to launch the Apocrypha Adventure Card Game, which is an RPG and a standalone card game in one box. And best of all, he's doing an Ask Me Anything right here on EN World today, so start asking your questions right now. Hop on in, ask Mike your questions!

We have a brand new forum with a special purpose. Inspired by Reddit's tradition of the same name, Ask Me Anything allows publishers, creators, and anybody else who cares to, to start a special Ask Me Anything thread. The first willing victim is Keith Baker, who designed the Eberron campaign setting, and is currently promoting his upcoming RPG Phoenx: Dawn Command. While currently focused on the latter, Keith says that he's happy to answer questions about anything else, too. So, please ask away! Note that there are some specific rules for posting - the thread starter (Keith) has the ability to open and close the thread, and moderate, edit, and delete comments, and only questions directly to the AMA subject are allowed.