Fate
  • Fate

This week we turn the all-seeing eye towards NINE currently running Kickstarter campaigns. So if you're after a new fantasy game, adventures for your existing fantasy campaign, places for your weary adventures to have a drink, expansions for The Last Parsec, Quantum Black or Warsong, some extra large dice for those without the same clarity that the all-seeing eye provides, or some miniatures from the worlds most popular livestreamed campaigns... read on dear traveller...
     ...READ MORE

A bit of a quiet week on the RPG new releases front in stores, but it's certainly made up for digitally with a host of interesting releases! On the board game side of things we also see a new Warhammer 40,000 race game released, by Devir, called Gretchinz!

...READ MORE

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Warhammer for kids, more pre-PaizoCon Pathfinder 2 previews, Evil Hat gets a new Senior Art Director and Fate Line Developer, new GURPS releases, and more!

...READ MORE

This week will see copies of Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes start appearing in stores. The week will also bring stores the new Genesys setting, Realms of Terrinoth, which has already been a best seller in electronic format.  ...READ MORE

Welcome back to this week's rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores over the next seven days, as well as a look back at some of the PDF releases from the last week. RPG-wise we have books/PDFs for 5th Edition, Pathfinder, Starfinder and Mindjammer among others. We also see a new expansion for the D&D card game Dragonfire come out, as well as a wealth of other games. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

Let's talk about using cards in your role-playing game sessions. I don't mean as an alternative to task resolution systems, but as a tool for players and game masters at the table.

...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

Perhaps one of my odder choices for a theme week, but I do find it fascinating how many creators and fans are drawn to the idea of mice (and rats, and related critters) as heroes and villains within genre stories. I mean, let's face it, Secret of NIMH remains one of the most fascinating and well-done "not-Disney" cartoon movies of the 20th century. It also seems using mice is a neat way to get kids interested, as many of these games and products indicate. Last (but most assuredly not least), I get the impression a lot of artists just really enjoy drawing mice in cool costumes...
     ...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

From the focus on alt-history to the over-the-top gears-and-lightning fantastical, steampunk remains a compelling and entertaining genre that gains much of its life in the tabletop RPG world. As the company named for one of steampunk's greatest inspirations launches a car into space, it seemed like an apt time to take a look at some of the great genre offerings.
     ...READ MORE

The campaign that our group will be starting next week (and that I wrote a little bit about here last week) got me to thinking about martial arts role-playing games in general. I am probably by no means an aficionado of martial arts movies, or media, but I have enjoyed some Chinese martial arts films over the years (my first college roommate was/is a martial artist and fan of the movies). Plus, I am more of a fan of contemporary settings, and unfortunately the number of games that combine these two things are few. However, today I am going to talk about the Tianxia: Blood, Silk and Jade role-playing game from Jack Norris and Vigilance Press.

...READ MORE

Sometimes I get my themes for the weekly Picks from the most fun and interesting places. In this case, my friend Lana Smith (AKA Alana Smith Brown of King of the Geeks fame) was asking about games in which her group could play fairies and experience fairy-tale style storytelling. Since I delved into the subject on her behalf, anyway, here's the fruits of that labor. There's some very fascinating games and ideas below, great for kids and adults alike! PS - Changed the order from the original posting due to Faery's Tale Deluxe having too small an image.
     ...READ MORE

Welcome to out latest 'New Releases' column. This week we're just showcasing the 'Role Playing Game PDF Spotlights' section of the column as most distributors are shut between Christmas and New Year so no new physical games will be hitting stores next week. We'll be back with the regular, full-sized, column next week to kick off the new year. I hope the column has helped you discover some new and exciting games over the last twelve months and continues to do so in 2018! Enjoy the holidays whatever you're up to and, without further ado, here are a selection of new PDF releases from the last week...
     ...READ MORE

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we look into the dawn of the British Roleplaying hobby and the two men who shaped generations, a collection of dark Pathfinder adventures, a 5th Edition module, a FATE game of cataclysmic war and some beautiful gaming tiles. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.
     ...READ MORE

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.
     ...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.
     ...READ MORE

Every day of the year on this planet has its share of death and tragedy, but I think most can agree there's been a rather intense and poignant spate of reminders lately of just how dark and painful things can be. To that end, I wanted to shine the spotlight on gaming things that celebrate healers, diplomats, and adventuring that celebrates other means of conflict resolution. I am pretty thrilled at how many beautiful and uplifting things I found. (PS - I rearranged the order from the actual week's chronology due to the small image Evil Hat used for Do.)
     ...READ MORE

The Fate Adversary Toolkit, the latest in the Toolkit line of supplements for Fate Core from Evil Hat Productions, opens up some interesting new avenues for your Fate games. Written by Ed Turner and Brian Engard, one of the architects of the Fate Core rules, this supplement widens the scope of the adversaries that characters can face in Fate Core games. Building off of the idea of the Fate Fractal and expanding the idea of adversaries beyond being a character or a creature that you can get into a conflict with during a game session, the Fate Adversary Toolkit brings some smart new ideas to the gaming table.

...READ MORE

Last year, Sasquatch Game Studio announced that it had acquired the trademark for TSR's old Alternity science-fiction game. At the time, it was mentioned that they did not have the Star*Drive, Dark*Matter, Gamma World, StarCraft Adventures, or Star Frontiers, properties owned by WotC. This may be changing, though - because Evil Hat Productions has applied for the trademark to Star Frontiers.  ...READ MORE
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast