Doctor Who
  • Doctor Who

Welcome back to the second part of our 'catch-up' New Releases column this week. This installment looks at the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also look at a selection of RPG PDF releases from last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

I'm back from my holidays and playing catch-up with the New Releases that have hit stores in the last couple of weeks. Kicking off a two-part column this week we're looking at items that hit stores last week (week beginning 13th November). Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store weíve also looked at a selection of RPG PDF releases that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Every day of the year on this planet has its share of death and tragedy, but I think most can agree there's been a rather intense and poignant spate of reminders lately of just how dark and painful things can be. To that end, I wanted to shine the spotlight on gaming things that celebrate healers, diplomats, and adventuring that celebrates other means of conflict resolution. I am pretty thrilled at how many beautiful and uplifting things I found. (PS - I rearranged the order from the actual week's chronology due to the small image Evil Hat used for Do.)

Man, have I traveled a lot this year! In the case of this weekend, it's only a handful of miles, but I am still going to be away from home and in a hotel for a convention. It's a great con, mind you, run by people very special to me (including my own Belovedest, Carinn Seabolt (Editor-in-Chief of Evil Beagle Games and the always-amazing Nikki Ebright). In honor of MALCon, the theme for this week was Myths & Legends, which you can see took us all over space and time (see what I did there?).

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

We have a BUMPER New Releases rundown this week - including all the releases to hit stores in the last two weeks (yeah, sorry, we missed last weeks due to me coming down with ConCrud after UK Games Expo...)! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

Cubicle 7 have just made their latest Doctor Who Roleplaying Game Supplement, The Black Archive, available to pre-order through their webstore and participating Bits & Mortar retailers (where youíll get a PDF of the book too!).

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, miniatures, wargames and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

And here we are, at long last, looking across the last weekend ere Christmas is upon us! I do hope all of you who celebrate have a grand time with family and friends. For those who do not celebrate, may you still know joy, peace, and comfort in this last week of 2015. I will be honest right up front - please forgive the lack of any Picks next week. I am taking the full week off, especially since I will be on the road for at least a good part of it. In the meantime, however, here's a pile of good ones to get you through...

December rolls on at a lightning pace. The sights and sounds of the holidays surround us, immersing us in the impending experience of the most incredible holiday celebration weekend of all - December 18th-20th - Star Wars: The Force Awakens! OK, so there's also that Christmas thing, but for most the geeks I know, the weekend before is the biggest deal of the year. Still, with the impending holidays, gift-giving is a thing for a lot of folks, and there's always more new awesome things to get your favorite gamers. This week's Picks are a wonderful assortment of ideas for just about anyone on your list. On top of the usual Picks, there's the spotlight on the Roleplaying Game Creators Relief Fund Holiday Bundle - which is also full of amazing things you can give as gifts!

Hey, look at that! A full week's Picks at long last! Of course, this may end being a mess again next week - I'm a Special Guest at Pacificon Game Expo, and Carinn and I will be spending an entire week in the Santa Clara/San Jose area, with a planned jaunt to San Francisco (she desperately wants to see Chinatown). While at the show, I've got something very special in the works (tune into the comments at the end for more info). However, I am curious, Dear Readers - has anyone else noticed a decided resurgence of interest in the science-fantasy (AKA "swords-and-rayguns") sub-genre?

Ten years ago today, Doctor Who returned to the BBC after a long hiatus. Since 2009, Cubicle 7 has been producing the Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space roleplaying game (which has one of my favourite initiative systems: talkers go first, then doers, then runners, then fighters; or something very similar to that - I may have a couple transposed!) They're written a short post looking back, which you'll find below!

Pathfinder playable monster races, FATE support, a new version of Werewolf, and Eccleston's Doctor are just a few things up ahead, so let's get started!

I talk to to Dominic McDowall about Dragonmeet, the Cthulhu Britannica: London boxed set Kickstarter, and the Doctor Who RPG. Additionally, I spoke to Martin Vaux of Black Box Games about their Lords of War card game on their first company birthday! They, too, have a Kickstarter ending in a few days. Their game won an award at UKGE earlier this year, beating out some heavy competition.

Happy birthday to Doctor Who! In celebration, I have made a new item for the Pathfinder RPG. Yup, it's a trusty sonic screwdriver! I imagine that other, more advanced sonic screwdrivers exist which exhibit a variety of additional abilities.

I write a lot about D&D, but that game is actually a fairly late love in my life; I didn't get bitten by the bug until 1982. Well, obviously - given that I was born in 1972 - that's still pretty early on. However, there's one thing that I've been following for even longer. That thing is Doctor Who. As far as I can gather, I've been addicted to the show since about 1978, and I would not be surprised if I started even earlier. It's been part of my life for a very long time.