Other Games
  • Other Games

Swedish company The Free League have been making a lot of waves since they started publishing their games in English. Mutant: Year Zero, Coriolis – The Third Horizon and, of course, Tales from the Loop all come from their design studio. So the news that they have a new game on the way, launching on Kickstarter on Thursday 21st September, is sure to excite many. The fact that the game is also going to be a classic fantasy setting, not to mention a boxed set, got us straight in contact with them to find out more. So, come and explore the Forbidden Lands with us…

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

There's been a lot of pain and difficulty front-and-center in recent days. In the midst of the challenges and the tragedy, there've been plenty of tales of real-life heroes to inspire us. When the darkness falls and hope falters, that's when heroes step up. That's the inspiration for this week's theme. I've been clinging to the need for heroes in a world so troubled, and I feel that gaming will always give us that chance to embrace the heroic ideal and indulge in the dream that we, too, can step up and do what needs to be done.

Monte Cook has announced that the Kickstarter for Numenera 2 will be going live on Tuesday 19th September. Although not being called a new edition, Numenera 2 is a two-book core set comprising of Numenera Discovery and Numenera Destiny.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

A group of publishers have teamed together to create the Harvey_Relief Bundle to raise funds for charities operating in the areas hit by Hurricane Harvey. The Charity bundle is running until 12th September and you’ll get almost $400 worth of RPG PDFs for just a $25 donation.

Originally running between 1976 to 1983 Wyrm’s Footnotes was Chaosium’s house magazine for the World of Glorantha. After reappearing as a special Issue #15 in 2012 from Moon Design Publications, the magazine is making a complete comeback. Later this year we’ll be seeing Issue #16, heralding a relaunch of the publication.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

In the wake of the terrible disaster that fell upon Houston and the rest of that region (and, in many ways, is ongoing as of this writing), I dedicated my first Pick of the Week to pointing out many different avenues to which folks could contribute. I can also report that a bundle is currently being constructed for the purpose of providing aid to the region (more on that when I can). The rest of this past week was dedicated to games that work in some way to elevate, inspire, or just raise the joy in all of us. Welcome to Uplifting Games Week!

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Hang on... it can't already be a week since my last column? I know right! You're getting a bonus column out of me because of the amount of the campaigns out there being crowdfunded at present! Yesterdays column looked at a bunch of Pathfinder and 5th Edition books available and today we're looking at some other campaigns... as well as a couple of Pathfinder/5E ones.

The Core Rulebook for Eddy Webb’s Pugmire RPG has had its digital release on DriveThruRPG. The game, which did incredibly well on Kickstarter in March 2016, is set in a post-human world where uplifted dogs have created the kingdom of Pugmire. Think Lord of the Rings meets Planet of the Apes… but with dogs. Not to be outdone our feline friends also did very well on Kickstarter in Monarchies of Mau which funded in June of this year.

Triple Ace Games return to their Ubiquity powered All For One RPG for their latest Kickstarter campaign… and their twentieth campaign on Kickstarter! Satans’s Playground is set in an alternate history in which the supernatural is very real during the aftermath of the Thirty Years; War.

Kickstarter have launched a Project Of Earth initiative to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Voyager probes. Shades of Vengeance have taken the idea of what might happen when a probe is picked up by an alien civilization. What’s their reaction and how do they respond. The bad news for us is it looks like they invade in Shades of Vengeance’s Era: Balam. The good news is that Shades of Vengeance are not only releasing Era: Balam in their signature Era d10 system but also for FATE and Savage Worlds.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to these we're also now including a 'PDF Spotlight', looking at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Robert J Schwalb announced today that Schwalb Entertainment will be designing and publishing the PunkApocalutpic Roleplaying Game in 2018. Licensed from Spanish company Bad Roll Games irreverent tabletop miniatures games of the same name, the RPG will use the Demon Lord Engine and will appear on Kickstarter next year. For more information please read the press release below…

Modiphius Entertainment continue their support for the Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of Roleplaying Game with the electronic release of The Book of Skelos. Introducing new rules and expanded sorcerous magic into the Conan Roleplaying Game.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

I first came across Sins a few years ago when store owner Jim Freeman, of Patriot Games in Sheffield, invited me up to have a look at a new RPG that was in development and meet the team behind it. The game sounded – and looked – gorgeous as they already had a professionally printed and bound copy of an early draft to show me. The game is a mix of genres and set in the post-apocalyptic ruins of 22nd Century Earth where entities known as Nemissaries have risen to fight an eldritch hivemind of the undying Brood.

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast