Other Games
  • Other Games

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we look at two different 5th Edition products, a new Powered by the Apocalypse sci-fi game, a systemless fantasy encounter generator and some very small metal dice. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Capers is the second RPG from Craig Campbell’s NerdBurger Games and it looks like it’ll be a whole lot of fun. Now admittedly I fall, very much, into their target audience for this one as I’m a big fan of super powered RPGs and also have a love of the 1920’s/30’s and gangsters. So the game is ticking all the right boxes for me. It’s the Jazz Age with Tommy guns and eye beams!

Fantasy Flight Games have announced Realms of Terrinoth, a new sourcebook for their Genesys Roleplaying System. Realms of Terrinoth is a fantasy campaign setting that explores the world of Mennara. Mennara has featured in a variety of FFG board and miniature games in the past, such as Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Runebound, Runewars Miniatures Game, and the recently released Legacy of Dragonholt.

Lester Smith (Dark Conspiracy) is bringing us a taste of horror with his latest roleplaying game D13. The game is for “running truly horrific adventures in campaigns across time and space. Characters face the real threat of death or madness in individual adventures—unaware that they are also threads of existence for supernatural beings battling a greater darkness.”

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we have not one, but TWO, Starfinder campaigns, a post-apocalyptic fantasy Savage Worlds setting, a 5th edition version of a 4th edition ENnie winner, and we finally welcome John Carter of Mars to our gaming tables. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Infinite Galaxies is a Powered by the Apocalypse game for 3-6 players. The system has been tweaked slightly in places in order to “better model stuff like star ship combat, robots, aliens and other hallmarks of Sci-Fi!”

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

I kind of got the jump on DriveThruRPG with my New Year, New Game Week, but I was rushing out the door for our visit with friends and family back east for the holidays, and it just made sense for the very first week of 2018. I hope you all had a grand time with your holidays, and I hope you have a great year of gaming ahead of you. Here's some solid suggestions for you to explore...

Rifts Atlantis, the second World Book for the Rifts RPG covers the legendary lost continent. Slightly shorter than its predecessor, it still packs a wealth of content into its 161 pages. Beginning with a brief history of the lost continent by Rifts character Erin Tarn, the reader is exposed to the backstory of the continent. This section is well-written and insightful, providing a superb jumping point for using this setting in one’s own Rifts campaign.

2017 has been a great year for tabletop roleplaying crowdfunding campaigns. Millions of dollars have been raised to bring hundreds of games and accessories to life. Over the course of the year I’ve tracked 658 projects covering roleplaying games, supplements, accessories and a few related miniature, dice and licensed computer game projects. Of those 658, 38 were cancelled by their creators, 68 failed to fund by the deadline and almost 300,000 backers brought the rest to life. What were 2017’s biggest roleplaying projects? Well, I’m glad you asked…

As we all enjoy this last week of 2017, here's my presentation of some of the best and brightest of the year. Some are chosen for popularity and sales, while others are selected for the awards and accolades they've received. All are, in my opinion, more than worthy of a look at what 2017 brought to the gaming table. Cheers and have some more eggnog!

Welcome to out latest 'New Releases' column. This week we're just showcasing the 'Role Playing Game PDF Spotlights' section of the column as most distributors are shut between Christmas and New Year so no new physical games will be hitting stores next week. We'll be back with the regular, full-sized, column next week to kick off the new year. I hope the column has helped you discover some new and exciting games over the last twelve months and continues to do so in 2018! Enjoy the holidays whatever you're up to and, without further ado, here are a selection of new PDF releases from the last week...

This week, both DriveThruRPG and I are celebrating Teach Your Kids to Game Week. After all, I helped come up with this idea back when I worked for them, and I remain a huge proponent of bringing newer and younger gamers into our beloved hobby. What follows is a collection of great games and settings designed to appeal to a younger crowd of roleplayers, engaging their imaginations while not overwhelming them with overly-complex game mechanics. Here's hoping you get some great gaming in at home with the family this holiday season!

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we look at a dystopian 1980's America, the first in a series of 5th Edition monster books, a Call of Cthulhu scenario with a load of props, and a 5th Edition supplement that supplies us a bunch of ready made NPC bosses and their nefarious underlings! If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

This week I decided to go with the theme of Rules Don't Matter Week. Not because I actually believe that, but because there are a lot of good products out there designed to help your game with material outside of actual game mechanics. I think this is a growing space for writers, designers, and artists, and I think a lot of GMs and players can get some serious use out of materials that inspire and assist them with their gaming efforts. Let's dive in, shall we!

Here at EN World, I'm looking at all-ages tabletop role-playing games, board games, essays, and card games. Do they engage the players at the kids' gaming table? Would they cut it at the adults' table? Are they genuinely fun for every age? After School Adventures: Adventures in Wonderland #1 - Chasing the White Rabbit by J Gray from Playground Adventures is the first in a series of mini-adventure paths available for 5e, Pathfinder, or Hero Kids. Each sold separately, these 15- to 17-page (depending on the gaming system) introductory PDFs includes adventure hooks, the adventure, new creatures, and a map.

Free League’s Tales From The Loop is one of the year's biggest breakout games, scooping up a host of nominations and awards, including no less than FIVE Gold ENnies – including the coveted Product of the Year. Today sees the release of their first supplement, a campaign guide called Our Friends The Machines & Other Mysteries. Available now as a PDF on DriveThruRPG, or in print or PDF through the Free League's own webstore, it should be hitting retail stores in early February.
    Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast