Other Games
  • Other Games

On February 8th, the folks involved with the BAMF Podcast announced the winners of their 2017 BAMFsies Awards. Once again, I was honored to be one of the judges, and there's some great superhero gaming stuff for you to check out from last year. As well, don't miss out on the giant superhero sale going in celebration at DriveThruRPG.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we bring you starship maps, desert encounters, a boarding school with a difference, a comedy Starfinder Adventure Path, and an RPG in a Keyring. If you have anything youíd like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please donít hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Not much has been heard about The Princess Bride RPG since it was first announced back in January 2017, but publisher Toy Vault has announced that it will be coming to Kickstarter today. The game will be powered by the venerable 3-dice Fudge system, upon which the Fate system was later based.

Dungeons & Dragons is well-known for its class advancement system, which over time has iterated from focusing on collecting treasure to defeating foes. And yet there was a time in the First Edition of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons where players were encouraged to play their characters as novices below 1st level, before they became heroes. These were 0-level player characters, and their story illuminates how D&D models a particular kind of fantasy fiction.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

From the focus on alt-history to the over-the-top gears-and-lightning fantastical, steampunk remains a compelling and entertaining genre that gains much of its life in the tabletop RPG world. As the company named for one of steampunk's greatest inspirations launches a car into space, it seemed like an apt time to take a look at some of the great genre offerings.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week weíll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the Ďbehind the scenesí business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything youíd like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please donít hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, and Miniatures... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we also take a look at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Sometimes I get my themes for the weekly Picks from the most fun and interesting places. In this case, my friend Lana Smith (AKA Alana Smith Brown of King of the Geeks fame) was asking about games in which her group could play fairies and experience fairy-tale style storytelling. Since I delved into the subject on her behalf, anyway, here's the fruits of that labor. There's some very fascinating games and ideas below, great for kids and adults alike! PS - Changed the order from the original posting due to Faery's Tale Deluxe having too small an image.

Spanish company Burning Games have a reputation for great quality, not to mention good looking, games. They have been nominated for ENnies for two years running (Best Production Values in 2017, and winning a Silver ENnie for Best Free Product in 2016), were Golden Geek Game of the Year Runners Up with Faith: A Garden in Hell in 2016, as well as multiple nominations in other awards. This year they are gearing up to relaunch their Dragons Conquer America RPG Kickstarter, set in 1519 as two worlds collide, with the Spanish arriving in the Americas. We catch up with writer and designer, JC Obal, to find out his inspiration behind the game.
    Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast