Other Games
  • Other Games

I first came across Sins a few years ago when store owner Jim Freeman, of Patriot Games in Sheffield, invited me up to have a look at a new RPG that was in development and meet the team behind it. The game sounded – and looked – gorgeous as they already had a professionally printed and bound copy of an early draft to show me. The game is a mix of genres and set in the post-apocalyptic ruins of 22nd Century Earth where entities known as Nemissaries have risen to fight an eldritch hivemind of the undying Brood.

RiotMinds have partnered up with award winning author Steven Savile for a massive campaign for Trudvang Chronicles. Steven Savile has written for Doctor Who, Torchwood, Primeval, Stargate, Warhammer, Slaine, Fireborn, Pathfinder, Arkham Horror, Risen, and other popular game and comic worlds and is now on board for a campaign in 3 parts set in Mittland, Trudvang.

As you read this, I am among the teeming masses thronging the halls, game rooms, hotel lobbies, and restaurants of Gen Con 50. I struggled a bit to come up with a good theme for this week, as I'd already covered the ENnie Awards nominees to some significant degree. Then I remembered my first Gen Con ever, and that led me down the merry path you see below. It doesn't hurt that I am deeply involved in superhero gaming and game development right now, as those who've been reading this regularly will attest.

Back in July we looked at Craig Campbell’s new Murders & Acquisitions RPG that had just been released. Now Craig has dropped us a line to let us know that a 28-page free Quick-Start Guide has been released in PDF for those who’d like a closer look before they buy.

The Free League, in partnership with Modiphius Entertainment, have just released a new adventure for the 2017 ENnie’s Judges Spotlight Winner Coriolis – The Third Horizon RPG. The Dying Ship is a 35 page PDF by Nils Karlen and Kosta Kostulas set on the ice hauler Orun II.

Andrew Valkauskas (Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok RPG) is back with Vanagard, a brand new collaborative storytelling card game that features some fantastic artwork. Utilising both roleplaying and board game techniques the players create their characters as they play and overcome challenges presented as the rounds storyteller weaves a scene based upon the story card they play. As characters overcome the challenges presented they can increase their levels and further expand their tales.

In 2012 Iron Sky was released and became a cult hit movie. The sequel, Iron Sky: The Coming Race is being released on 14th February 2018 alongside the official Roleplaying Game which has just launched on Kickstarter! Headed up Dirk Vandereyken, and with a host of industry names such as Steven Long, Michael Surbrook and Darren Watts, writing it the game has an all star cast.

In advance to their September Kickstarter launch, John Wick Presents will be having a limited number of print copies of their Khitai Quickstart available on their booth at Gen Con (booth 2338). The Quickstart features seven new nations, mechanics overview, new sorceries and an adventure, The Song of the World. The Quickstart will also be made available on DriveThruRPG after Gen Con on preparation for the 7th Sea: The East Kickstarter campaign.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs & Wargames... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

Last summer we featured Ankur - Kingdom of the Gods in our RPG Crowdfunding News Column when it was on Kickstarter. The campaign ended successfully and the game has recently gone on general release through Chris Miller Games. With its blend of sci-fi and Sumerian mythology it’s certainly an interesting blend.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Man, have I traveled a lot this year! In the case of this weekend, it's only a handful of miles, but I am still going to be away from home and in a hotel for a convention. It's a great con, mind you, run by people very special to me (including my own Belovedest, Carinn Seabolt (Editor-in-Chief of Evil Beagle Games and the always-amazing Nikki Ebright). In honor of MALCon, the theme for this week was Myths & Legends, which you can see took us all over space and time (see what I did there?).

Clockwork Publishing/Uhrwerk Verlag have announced they have licensed GDW’s 1990 RPG Dark Conspiracy and will be bringing out a brand new edition in 2018. This is the second old GDW title Clockwork have brought back to life as they are also the publishers of the new Ubiquity powered Space 1889 RPG.

DragonWing Games was founded back in 2002 by Steve Creech and with the tagline “Your game, your imagination. We give you the tools.” has been producing games ever since. This last week however has seen not one, not two but THREE announcements come from the studio covering Fantasy Craft, Starfinder and Oathbound: The Forge. See below for more details…

One of the things that eternally plagues game masters is the subject of game prep. How do we find that balance between having more material than we will ever need, and having a session come to a stop because there wasn't enough prep done? This is something, I think that most game masters deal with regardless of how long of a time they have been sitting in the game master's chair. Really, as long as a game entertains everyone at the table, you've done the right amount of prep. However, the question will always remain.

There is no shortage of fantasy RPGs. While one look at the market proves a severe drop after D&D 5th Edition & Pathfinder, it never ceases to amaze how many smaller companies are churning out interesting (non-D&D, fantasy) products on a yearly basis. Let’s take a look at one. Sertorius is a fantasy and high magic RPG, by indie veteran Bedrock Games. Players will likely create Sertori, inheritors of an ancient and deceased ogre deity’s spirit. Sertori wield powerful emotionally driven magic, which if incanted foolishly cause the character to be overwhelmed with primal energy. If abused, the effect potentially leads to madness, physical affliction, and eventual (unwanted) transformation to an entity/creature known as the Grim. In the words of Sir John Dalberg: “… absolute power corrupts absolutely…”

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs and Wargames... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast