Kickstarter
  • Kickstarter

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week's gaming news! GURPS comes to Drive Thru, new Star Trek product release while a Star Wars product line comes to an end, a bit of game industry history, and more!

Capers is the second RPG from Craig Campbell’s NerdBurger Games and it looks like it’ll be a whole lot of fun. Now admittedly I fall, very much, into their target audience for this one as I’m a big fan of super powered RPGs and also have a love of the 1920’s/30’s and gangsters. So the game is ticking all the right boxes for me. It’s the Jazz Age with Tommy guns and eye beams!

For Coin & Blood is Gallant Knight Games old-school inspired fantasy RPG that gets you playing the sum and villains that you’d probably be more at home fighting in other fantasy games. Assassins, cult leaders, thieves, fallen nobles, mercenaries, necromancers, and more, the game is about antiheroes rooted in the darkest recess of mankind’s depredations.

Lester Smith (Dark Conspiracy) is bringing us a taste of horror with his latest roleplaying game D13. The game is for “running truly horrific adventures in campaigns across time and space. Characters face the real threat of death or madness in individual adventures—unaware that they are also threads of existence for supernatural beings battling a greater darkness.”

Limited to 100 copies, The Complete Vigilante Hack compiles The Vigilante Hack, A City Full of Sinners and an all-new, previously unreleased, book called Sanctuary Asylum. Based off The Black Hac,k by David Black, each copy of this 6”x9” softcover will be signed and numbered. Each backer will also receive a PDF copy of The Complete Vigilante.

Metallic Dice Games have been making full-sized 16mm metal dice for a few years but their latest Kickstarter is aiming to bring four colours from their metal range down a size or two… all the way down to 10mm. Available in Antique Copper, Antique Gold, Antique Silver, and Torched Rainbow, the dice are available in 7-die polyhedral sets, as well as individually and in sets of d6’s and d20’s.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we have not one, but TWO, Starfinder campaigns, a post-apocalyptic fantasy Savage Worlds setting, a 5th edition version of a 4th edition ENnie winner, and we finally welcome John Carter of Mars to our gaming tables. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Part artbook, part bestiary, Faerie Fire is a stylish bestiary for 5th Edition featuring over 30 artists. Faerie Fire is inspired by the neon noir aesthetic of the late 80s, with a touch of Trapper Keeper, and a spot of 90s Lisa Frank thrown in for good measure--we're calling it fairypunk. Adventurers making their way to the fairy wilds will meet creatures strange and new: some beautiful, some curious--but all of them dangerous in their own way. We also introduce the Plane of Living Light, a mysterious realm that can be skillfully manipulated by warlocks imbued with the Living Light. With magic reminiscent of neon lights and holograms, and a fey court full of glamour, the fairy wilds are filled with creatures dazzling and deadly in equal measure.

Infinite Galaxies is a Powered by the Apocalypse game for 3-6 players. The system has been tweaked slightly in places in order to “better model stuff like star ship combat, robots, aliens and other hallmarks of Sci-Fi!”

It’s hard to imagine that The Folio series only started three years ago. The series has been creating some great quality adventures, and supplements, for both 1E & 5E on a regular basis and built it’s company, Art of the Genre, a strong reputation for fulfilling their Kickstarter campaigns and earning them a loyal following. This latest campaign looks at returning to where everything started, and reprinting the very first Folio that started it all off.

Deep Dungeon Games are creating eight decks of cards containing a range of new magical items for use with 5th Edition rules. Each deck is starting off with 20 base cards, but each could expand to 34 cards if stretch goals are met. Each deck will consist of 4 common, 5 uncommon, 5 rare, 5 very rare, and one legendary item.

Musicland is the third expansion to the Castle of the Mad Archmage megadungeon adventure for OSR games. In this adventure, the characters are catapulted to a parallel dimension called Musicland where musical instruments are alive, people speak in musical notes, and the King of Instruments produces melodies that embody the Platonic ideal of music itself.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game crowdfunding campaigns! This week brings us a film noir RPG from a first time designer, the twenty-fourth installment of a 5th Edition adventure series from someone who's certainly not a first timer, a 5th Ed/Pathfinder setting, a d20/3.5 setting and a superpowered fiction anthology! Oh, and also my own latest campaign... If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

2017 has been a great year for tabletop roleplaying crowdfunding campaigns. Millions of dollars have been raised to bring hundreds of games and accessories to life. Over the course of the year I’ve tracked 658 projects covering roleplaying games, supplements, accessories and a few related miniature, dice and licensed computer game projects. Of those 658, 38 were cancelled by their creators, 68 failed to fund by the deadline and almost 300,000 backers brought the rest to life. What were 2017’s biggest roleplaying projects? Well, I’m glad you asked…

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we look at three 5th Edition books - a collection of creatures, an adventure and a book of four adventures - a Savage Worlds setting that explores Medieval England and a collection of maps that will bring your characters shopping trips to life! If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! A pair of surprise end-of-year re-release of a classic RPGs, Mayfair expands their Alliance distribution deal and parts ways with Twilight Creations, the World Health Organization has concerns about gaming, and more!

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! There’s a Dungeons & Dragons movie coming (again…no, again again…I explain), Magic: The Gathering releases a new values statement amid the recent community controversy, a pivotal Warhammer 40K event will be detailed in rules, and more!

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we look at a dystopian 1980's America, the first in a series of 5th Edition monster books, a Call of Cthulhu scenario with a load of props, and a 5th Edition supplement that supplies us a bunch of ready made NPC bosses and their nefarious underlings! If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news. Patreon did a bad and went back on it when everyone got grumpy about it, Wizards of the Coast set new sales records, Barnes & Noble pulling away from games, DCI sanctions multiple players and judges, and more!

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! This week we look into the dawn of the British Roleplaying hobby and the two men who shaped generations, a collection of dark Pathfinder adventures, a 5th Edition module, a FATE game of cataclysmic war and some beautiful gaming tiles. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.
    Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast