Traveller
  • Traveller

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to these we're also now including a 'PDF Spotlight', looking at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

Between the appearance of randomly generated (and often dead) characters from the fun & cheeky original Traveller web-based randomizer and the general release of the new Star Trek game, it seemed like this would be a good week to Take to the Stars! Though not one of this Picks this week, one should not forget our fine host's most excellent N.E.W. as another option for hitting the spaceways.

Mongoose Publishing return to Kickstarter to bring us a box set of Traveller goodness. The Great Rift & Deep Space Exploration Box Set will give us a load of information on the sectors of The Great Rift as well as “providing a comprehensive guide to deep space exploration and the mysteries that can be found far from the shipping lanes”.

As a game master, you really can't have too many tools to help carry the load, or to help out during those times when the players zig and you prepared for them to zag. Or maybe they cut a blood swath of destruction through everything that you had prepared for the night, and there's still an hour or two to go in the evening. What's a GM to do? Luckily, the people at Inkwell Ideas can help out.

I-CON, short for Island CONvention, has been a staple of geek culture on Long Island for decades. I-CON disappeared for five years, but it returned this year with I-CON 32 to a new venue. I had the pleasure of being a guest last weekend once more and I'm happy to report the con is back on its feet.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

As you're reading this, I am once again embroiled in the chaos of gaming and schmoozery that is the American gaming convention. In this particular case, it's the much-beloved Genghis Con here in the Denver, CO area. While there's every kind of gaming you can imaging, the Rocky Mountain Savages ensure this is assuredly Savage Worlds territory - and the presence of Shane Hensley, Ed Wetterman, Ross Watson, Carinn Seabolt, Bill "Teh Ebil Bunneh" Keyes, Darrell Hardy, Norm "No Relation" Hensley, and Yours Truly doesn't hurt that idea much. If you ever get a chance to get there, it's well worth it (and a lot less stressful than trying to get a room at Gen Con).

Family and industry friends are reporting that seminal game designer Loren Wiseman has passed away. The exact cause of death is not yet known, but he has had long term health issues.

I'm off in Everett, WA for the second OrcaCon; Carinn Seabolt and I are proud to be Special Guests of this excellent event. It's a gaming con that celebrates inclusiveness and diversity, and the cast they've lined up (despite Yours Truly) really exemplifies that important idea. Speaking of diverse, there's a heck of a lineup of products to follow.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week's gaming news! Paizo's Twitch stream including a lot of Starfinder news, Wizards of the Coast announced their next D&D book, Acquisitions Inc delivers a holiday special for sale, Green Ronin announces their plans for 2017, Mongoose Publishing does the same for their Traveller line, and more!

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week's gaming news. The TV series based on Patrick Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles has a new showrunner and it's a former game designer, Mutants and Masterminds has a new lead developer, Warhammer 40K leans Friendship is Magic, Cards Against Humanity sued over a Trump-based clone game for intellectual property issues, your 2017 Gaming Convention map, and big changes to Star Trek Attack Wing!

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Hot on the heels of their brilliant The Things We Leave Behind collection of modern day scenarios for Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Stygian Fox have announced two further books for early 2017 - Fears Sharp Little Needles for Call of Cthulhu and a sci-fi setting called A Life Worth Living.

Welcome to our new column bringing you a rundown of the New Releases that are hitting games stores each week. Board games, card games, RPGs, wargames and miniatures... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store.

Some weeks are more eclectic than others, and this is definitely one of those weeks in Pick of the Day land. Epic high fantasy mages; dark post-world-eating beast survival; emerging godlings; were-everything; and a sci-fi sector to explore and shoot up. The holidays are inexorably plummeting towards us, so it's great time to start tagging what you want to give to who - especially your favorite Game Master! Note that I use affiliate links in all my posts as a way to generate additional revenue for my efforts; I make my Picks, however, based on the desire to share a wide variety of things with you. Thank you for your support.
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast