Freelancers
  • Freelancers

The golem marches on, my friends, which means itís time for the latest PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! The fine folks in Redmond continue to show no sign of pulling their support for the Pathfinder we know and love, even as they ramp up production on teasers for Starfinder and Pathfinder 2nd Edition, so thereís plenty of Adventure Path, Player Companion, and Campaign Setting material to explore! Letís get to it!

Unlike 4th Edition, 5th Edition D&D has had a much slower pace for book releases. While some fans grumble, the change has worked in WotC's favor, making each release an event, and interest is doubled for source books like Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.

Here at EN World, I'm looking at all-ages tabletop role-playing games, board games, and card games. Do they engage the players at the kids' gaming table? Would they cut it at the adults' table? Are they genuinely fun for every age? A Friend In Need by Jenny Jarzabski from Playground Adventures is a 26-page "stand-alone mini-adventure for [Ö] 1st level characters. Recommended for ages six and up, this module includes adventure content as well as advice for gaming with children." While this review covers the Pathfinder version of the adventure, there is also a 5e version available.

Summer is almost here and that means the campaign season is among us. It is a time to prepare yourself for the coming trials that warm weather brings. In the pile of moldy tomes we have wrested from the hoards of dragons and eldritch fiends are three in particular that you may find of interest.

If you want to experience mysteries in Tales from the Loop, Our Friends the Machines is for you. This full color 104 page hardcover includes three complete adventures, eight short adventure locations based on classic 80s songs, four iconic machines from the world of the Loop including blueprints, and a guide to creating your own setting for the game, complete with the Norfolk Broads, a UK-based Loop.

Apocalypse World is the first game to use what we now call the Apocalypse World Engine, published in 2010. It's an innovative system that builds the world as part of character creation, and where the GM (here called the MC) has essentially the same rules as every other player. The second edition of the game was Kickstarted in 2016, and brought the game a bit more in line with the dozens of games that came after.

I reviewed Eloy Lasanta of Third Eye Games' Pip System Corebook on EN World, interviewed him about his AMP Year Four Kickstarter, and talked about my brief run-in with him at AndoCon. Every Third Eye game I've tried has improved my gaming table. With that in mind, when he sent the quickstart for his latest project and Kickstarter, Part-Time Gods 2nd Edition, I knew I wanted to try it out.

Some RPGs are suited to telling a tight story, and some work best in a sandbox where players can explore and adventure as they please. The Elite: Dangerous RPG definitely falls into the latter category.

The Mighty Nein face off against a hill giant, enjoy some revelry, we finally learn all about Caleb's inevitably tragic backstory, and the Mighty Nein reach Level 5 on the latest episode of Critical Role!

Today we're going to get a little paranoid with the West End Games original edition of Paranoia.

Brave travellers journey between the stars in the Traveller Starter Set, for the second edition of the science fiction role-playing game published by Mongoose Publishing. By the end of the campaign, all players will know the rules and understand how starships and technology fit into the game. They will also discover the core concept that Travellers travel for personal reasons and achieving their goals is the reward and motivation for seeking personal connections, equipment, and/or wealth.

I grew up in a tiny town in northeast Iowa where you won't find a single stoplight or public library, let alone a game store. With fewer than 600 souls, it's probably the last place you'd expect to be immortalized in the pages of one of the most influential Dungeons & Dragons adventure modules of all time Ė but it was. Here's the story of how.

Welcome to the 7th Sea Explorer's Society Roundup! Created from the final stretch goal of John Wick Presents' 7th Sea 2e Kickstarter campaign, the Explorer's Society is an option to distribute and/or sell official 7th Sea crowd-sourced content. Setup within DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, the model is similar to the DMsGuild (Dungeons & Dragons) and the Storyteller's Vault (World of Darkness) in that individual creators can share their 7th Sea 2E content as long as it conforms to the content guidelines for the Explorer's Society, which can be found here.

The Mighty Nein set a new rolling record as they go to the D&D ren faire for games, drinks, and fights with beasts! Oh, and war also breaks out in the latest episode of Critical Role.

It seems like Russia is everywhere these days. Old Cold War paranoias are resurfacing. Combine that with the 80's aesthetic revival reflected in new games like Tales From The Loop, Unmasked and Sigmata: This Signal Kills Facsists, it looks like it might be time to dust off an old forgotten gem.

There's a lot of "superstitious mumbo jumbo" (to quote Sir Alec Guiness about The Force in Star Wars') in the world. I take the scientific, naturalistic approach. I don't accept the supernatural as an explanation for anything, so why would I think there can be anything magical or supernatural in dice rolling/games?

Welcome to this month's Storyteller's Vault Roundup! The Vault has been anything but quiet, and there's a lot to catch up on, so let's dive in, shall we?

Funded for just over $10K internet bucks, chances are good you missed out the Shattered Dawn Kickstarter by Shattered Tabletop Games. While Iíve written plenty of reviews the last couple of years, itís rare that I find myself immediately contacting the publisher about the material, within the very first pass. I reached out to ensure that the print copies of the Shattered Dawn Player Guide & the Archmaster Guide, were representative of the finished product. Through a brief email exchange, it was confirmed that my copy was consistent with the final products.

Join the Mighty Nein as they fight their way through a haunted research facility then experience a series of cosmic encounters in the latest episode of Critical Role!

Here at EN World, I'm looking at all-ages tabletop role-playing games, board games, and card games. Do they engage the players at the kids' gaming table? Would they cut it at the adults' table? Are they genuinely fun for every age? Tiny Dungeon: Second Edition from Gallant Knight Games "is the newest iteration of the minimalist fantasy roleplaying game!" While this is a minimalist system, the book is not as it rings in at 209 pages of rules, monsters, microsettings, and GM tips.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast