Starfinder
  • Starfinder

The first Starfinder adventure path, launching in August along with the core rules, is the Dead Suns AP. Following the same model as Paizo's Pathfinder adventure paths, it's a 6-module series. The first adventure is called Incident at Absalom Station, and here's a look at the cover by David Alvarez, depicting the leader of a notorious street gang on Absalom Station! The Dead Suns AP will be released every other month (taking 12 months in total), and each adventure contains a new planet, a new starship, and new monsters.  ...READ MORE

With the caveat that these sculpts are not final (and, of course, the finals will be pre-painted), these official Starfinder miniatures from Ninja Division will be sold in a single, or two sets, with the price as yet undetermined. Characters and monsters have round bases, while starships have hexagonal bases. Even if you don't want to play Starfinder, these look like a great resource for any sci-fi game in the way that WotC's pre-painted plastic Star Wars minis were.  ...READ MORE

Last night, Paizo revealed the final cover for its upcoming Starfinder Core Rulebook! Starfinder, based on the Pathfinder rules, is due for release this August. A 582-page book, with a cover illustration by Remko Troost.  ...READ MORE

Courtesy of figures.com at the GAMA trade show this weekend, these slides from the Paizo panel show off some gorgeous spaceship art from the Vesk (lizard people), the Shirren (insect people), and the Pactworld Alliance . Someone asked me the other day whether there would be a space hex grid battle map from Paizo, too -- the slide below answers that one with a definitive yes!  ...READ MORE

"Iconics" (pregenerated characters used in art and examples throughout a rulebook) are a common feature of tabletop RPGs. Starfinder, of course, is no exception; indeed, this weekend Paizo revealed a few shots of its Iconics for the upcoming Starfinder game. Some of them have been seen on standees already, but there's more here! Take a look! This photos come from the Paizo panel at GAMA, courtesy of figures.com.
     ...READ MORE

Hello everyone, this week we have holy crap con season started and ALL the news is happening save me please! GAMA is going on this week and one of the largest gaming trade shows means a lot of big product announcements. Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Shadowrun, and more announcements. Cool Mini or Not is poising to make a major move on the market. Fall 2016 sales reports are in from ICv2 to let you know the bestselling games on the market today. And more!
     ...READ MORE

Remember I mentioned a line of Starfinder prepainted plastic miniatures from Ninja Division? Well, here's a quick peak at them, straight from GAMA. These are not final. Ninja Division will also be producing minis for Starfinder characters, as well as starships.  ...READ MORE

The GAMA trade show is going on right now. Paizo is there, and has four awesome standees showing off their upcoming Starfinder game. These standees show a human, an android, a Ksatha, and a Vesk (a newly revealed lizard alien - like a Gorn!)
     ...READ MORE

There were a couple of Starfinder updates from Paizo last night. First off, Paizo has announced a range of Starfinder miniatures which will be produced by Ninja Division Publishing. These will be prepainted minis for both characters and starships. Secondly, the Starfinder starship combat system was previewed by designer Jason Bulmahn at the GAMA trade show (image of that below - no other info, I'm afraid!) Those following along with the Starfinder news probably already know that the game releases August 2017, and that the core rulebook has been available for preorder since January.  ...READ MORE

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Starfinder Society announced by Paizo, Modiphia Magazine launched by Modiphius, Saving Throw puts on a live streamed gaming Spring Formal, Alternity is reborn, International Tabletop Day promos announced, and a lot more!

...READ MORE

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week's gaming news! Paizo's Twitch stream including a lot of Starfinder news, Wizards of the Coast announced their next D&D book, Acquisitions Inc delivers a holiday special for sale, Green Ronin announces their plans for 2017, Mongoose Publishing does the same for their Traveller line, and more!

...READ MORE

Hello everyone, Darryl here to recap the biggest stories of 2016 in this year in review! A lot of big events happened in tabletop gaming this past year, and I’m going to go through what I consider the most significant stories of the year!

...READ MORE

I'm not one for looking back, so retrospectives of the year that was, or looks back at the best of the year, aren't for me. A lot of good and interesting games came out, and more than a few sad or bad things happened as well. It was a year that we will likely remember for a long time, in and out of our tabletop gaming worlds. Instead, let's take a little time and baselessly speculate about the year to come.  ...READ MORE

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Jack Chick is no longer with us, Paizo releases details on a major new Pathfinder product, Owen KC Stephens goes into detail on Starfinder, D&D Errata update, Rob Kuntz has a new company, F2Z is officially Asmodee Canada, and a lot more!

...READ MORE

I've compiled all the information we know so far about Paizo's upcoming Starfinder RPG, which launches next year; it was announced in May, but my coverage has been lost in the recent crash. The game is based on the Pathfinder rules, and is broadly compatible but may require some "minimal" conversion. It's science-fantasy standalone game which crosses magic with technology (it sounds very similar to Dragonstar for those who remember that!)  ...READ MORE
    Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678