Starfinder
  • Starfinder

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Paizo has a marathon stream to promote their new charity Humble Bundle, Ogre comes to PCs, teases for new WOIN System products, Dice Tower’s Tom Vasel draws ire for remarks on local game stores, and more!

Today Paizo and Dynamite Entertainment will hold an eight hour live event on Twitch to mark the release of a new Pathfinder Worldscape bundle at the Humble Bundle site. The livestream will be broadcast from the Paizo headquarters on October 11th, starting at 11am Pacific time. "Kicking things off is "War for the Worldscape," a multi-genre adventure based on Dynamite’s Pathfinder Worldscape comic, GM'd by Paizo Publisher and Pathfinder Worldscape author Erik Mona. The marathon will also include a live game demo and an audience Q&A with the Starfinder RPG design team. Pathfinder Society developer John Compton will host "Year of the Risen Rune" to wind up the all-day gaming marathon."

Hello and welcome to the latest PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP, a great way to keep up-to-date on the moving and shaking at your favorite game company. This edition features Starfinder, Starfinder, and more Starfinder, but there is room enough for some Pathfinder for those of us who like swords and sorcery over spaceships. Let’s get started!

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

It’s a time on earth with exciting news about your favorite role-playing games, which means you lucky dogs are in the middle of another PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! Here’s a surprise for you: now that Starfinder is out and in the wild, we’ve managed to find some love for Pathfinder! Hold on to your hats, this one is going to be jam-packed.

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to the games hitting your local store we’re also now listing a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week's gaming news! Starfinder is getting a second printing (for good and bad reasons), more products for Star Trek Adventures, an update on Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Toys 'R' Us declares bankruptcy, and more!

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

This week includes Trailseeker's first ever Starfinder article, some treasures from beneath the sea for 5th Edition fans, a shapeshifting race for WOIN games, and the continuing adventures of Turn Order: Warped!

Whew! Gen Con over and done with, and what a show! But time waits for no one, which means it’s time for a new PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP!

I don't normally report on staff changes at RPG companies unless it's something major. I feel like a couple of Paizo staff updates are worth mentioning though. First, James Sutter, co-creator of Pathfinder, and creative director of Starfinder, is leaving Paizo to write full-time (although he says he will still freelance for Paizo). Don't worry - it's all amicable, as he reports in a blog post at Paizo's website. Secondly, I'm informed by Paizo staff that Paizo has hired TSR's Jim Butler, who helped spearhead Alternity, and ran Bastion Press in the early 2000s, as Vice President of Marketing and Licensing.

It's been a helluva week all over the world, with some notable events over here in the northern part of the Western Hemisphere. As I type this, the southern part of Mexico got hit with an 8.1 magnitude earthquake. Texas and Louisiana are still cleaning up and rebuilding from Harvey while the most terrifying storm to ever come out of the Atlantic bears down on Florida and the South (having already chewed up and spit out some Caribbean islands). I keep expecting to see John Cusack go screaming past in a beat-up RV. Look for what I've done so far to try and help folks in the epilogue section below. Meanwhile, it was Stuff & Things Week for the Picks, with some books dedicated to tools and gear for your characters to handle anything.

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Fantasy Grounds has been busy working on the Starfinder package for its Virtual Tabletop (VTT). They've sent out a few "sneak peek" screenshots to show their progress. "John (aka Moon Wizard) is busy working on the the underlying mechanic changes from the PFRPG ruleset and Doug (aka ddavison) is working on the re-skinning and graphics that you see [below]."

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! In addition to these we're also now including a 'PDF Spotlight', looking at a few RPG PDF releases from the last week that we hope may be of interest. For more information about any of the physical products please contact your local games store.

Starfinder dropped at Gen Con 50, and what was supposed to last through the weekend sold out in six hours on Thursday. Seriously, Paizo planned for a good reception and printed a lot more than they normally do, and it still flew out of that booth faster than a dragon late for a bison buffet. I am very proud for my friends at Paizo, especially lead designer and good buddy, Owen K.C. Stephens. Thus, the theme for this week, showcasing one of the most prolific and enjoyed writer/designers of the day.

Hello everyone, Darryl here with help me help me we went from no news to too much news and I don’t know what to do! Gen Con, Diana Jones, ENnies, highly anticipated products released, all new products and licenses announced, it’s just too much!

Hello and welcome to the newest edition of the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! This go-round, we’re taking a break from Starfinder, Starfinder, Starfinder for something a little different: third party Starfinder, Starfinder, Starfinder! That’s right, we’re going to shine a spotlight on some of the lesser-known publishers all trying to give you the tools you need for the best game of Starfinder you can make.
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast