Industry
  • Industry

ICv2 reports that Hasbro's gaming revenues increased by 20% in the first quarter of the year, and WotC's digital gaming revenues were $58 million last year, according to Hasbro's latest financial report.  ...READ MORE

An RPG gamer becomes a successful artist and turns his talents to create the RPG he dreams about. Gods the Roleplaying Game, slated for a May 2020 release, is dark fantasy brought to life through rules, setting, art, and story as first envisioned by artist and writer Bastien Lecouffe DeHarme. This interview details his journey.  ...READ MORE

ICv2 has produced some new industry figures which suggest that US and Canada hobby game sales dropped by 3% in the last year; however, the tabletop RPG category, which is the smallest subcategory of hobby games, increased by 18%.  ...READ MORE

Commercial RPGs have existed for some 45 years. Where RPG ideas are concerned, there's not much new under the sun. Then why do people keep writing new RPGs? It's a LOT of work, even if you don't do it well. I think of composer Sir William Walton's remark after writing his only opera: "don't write an opera. Too many notes." Change that to "RPG" and "words" and you have my point of view. We're also going to try something different, and offer a reader’s poll.  ...READ MORE

I’ve created this guide to help RPG creators understand the current market rates for freelancers across a range of activities. I recall how hard it was to find this information when I was starting out, so I think there is clearly a need for this sort of a guide. In this installment, I include rate information for layout, illustration, and cartography.  ...READ MORE

RPGNEWS.com is a new tabletop RPG news website. It differs to EN World in that while here at EN World we post articles about new stuff, RPGNEWS.com links to articles around the web. It's a quick way to keep on top of all the tabletop RPG news as it appears.  ...READ MORE

When the owner of an ENnie Award-nominated site like Tribality reached out to share a nautical-themed D&D 5e project they have on Kickstarter, I had questions. To hear that a publisher like Tribality is on the same wavelength as Wizards of the Coast and planning a book dedicated to 5e and the sea, I wanted to know more. What started as curiosity became an interview about Seas of Vodair, a 5e campaign setting on Kickstarter that ends tomorrow (Friday, April 12 2019 1:53 PM EDT).  ...READ MORE

Most companies design an RPG and use the same rule set, with or without new editions, for everything. With NerdBurger Games, Craig Campbell created three RPGs using three very different sets of original mechanics.  ...READ MORE

I’ve created this guide to help RPG creators understand the current market rates for freelancers across a range of activities. I recall how hard it was to find this information when I was starting out, so I think there is clearly a need for this sort of a guide. In this installment, I include rate information for writing and editing.  ...READ MORE

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! John Wick and 7th Sea going to Chaosium, Wizards of the Coast announces the announcement date for their announcement of the new campaign setting’s release announcement, new D&D board and dice games, Paizo has a new live stream, and more!
     ...READ MORE

Thank you all for the very kind welcome onto the EN World pages. A writer always glories in the kind words of his readers. Also I want you to know I will be very responsive to the interests of the EN World group. From the notes already left for me [in the first article, Who In The World is James M, Ward?] I can see you want to hear about the design of Deities & Demigods and Gamma World. I promise that will happen in the months to come.
     ...READ MORE

A couple of years ago, game designer John Wick acquired the rights to his 1999 roleplaying game, 7th Sea from publisher AEG, and launched a record-breaking Kickstarter for a 2nd Edition which sailed past a million dollars. Last year, the company ran into financial difficulties and laid off most of its staff. Now, Wick has sold the property to Chaosium, who will be fulfilling the remainder of the struggling Kickstarter. Here’s the press release.  ...READ MORE

In January, our contacts over at Ulisses North America arranged an interview with EN World. Ostensibly about the Torg Eternity: the Nile Empire (the massively successful Kickstarter had just finished), the interview eventually expanded into more about role-playing, the world of Torg, the challenges of game design and adaptation, and a few bits about other Ulisses North America products. So, without further ado, here our interview with the line manager for Torg Eternity, Darrell Hayhurst. This is part two of a two-part interview.  ...READ MORE

For those who want to work at Wizards of the Coast, there's a new job opportunity opening up. Current Community Manager Satine Phoenix's contract expires this month, and the spot has opened up for applications.  ...READ MORE

It's been a few weeks since the last Ulisses North America update, but there’s a very good reason why. We have some exciting news today. In January, our contacts over at Ulisses North America arranged an interview with EN World. Ostensibly about the Torg Eternity: the Nile Empire (the massively successful Kickstarter had just finished), the interview eventually expanded into more about role-playing, the world of Torg, the challenges of game design and adaptation, and a few bits about other Ulisses North America products. So, without further ado, here our interview with the line manager for Torg Eternity, Darrell Hayhurst. This is part one of a two-part interview.  ...READ MORE

The Sassoon Files is a Call of Cthulhu sourcebook Kickstarted by Sons of the Singularity... and printed in China. This week, they reported that the Chinese government had ordered the destruction of their entire print run.  ...READ MORE

If you're new to the game industry, you've probably heard a lot of myths about publishing. The truth is more complicated -- and, if you're planning to publish your new game, perhaps more encouraging.  ...READ MORE

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! Hollywood trades reporting on D&D movie news, D&D gets a new editor, more Eberron content from the setting’s original creator, Robin’s Laws of Good Gamemastering finally getting a reprint, and more!  ...READ MORE

Pathfinder designer F. Wesley Schneider has just started a new job as an editor for Dungeons & Dragons! He worked at Paizo from 2003, starting as assistant editor on Dragon magazine, became editor-in Chief, and left in 2017.  ...READ MORE

After a long illness, Larry DiTillio passed on March 16th at the age of 76. There's a good chance that DiTillio was a part of your childhood or your later geeky years and not even know it. While gamers will remember him as the writer for the Origins award-winning Masks of Nyarlathotep or T&T's The Isle of Darksmoke, he also wrote for Fat Albert, two He-Man shows, She-Ra (which he created), Beast Wars and the first two seasons of Babylon 5.  ...READ MORE
    Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast