Reviews
  • Reviews

Despite the title, Love and Sex in the Ninth World, this supplement, or as Monte Cook Games calls it, “Glimmer,” could be very useful for any GM, not just those that run Numenera.  ...READ MORE

February is a month of cold temperatures and warm feelings of love and romance. If you’re looking for something to do with friends when it’s too cold to go out, why not stay in and take a look at the Romance Trilogy?  ...READ MORE

There are a few fairly simple elements needed to make a solid RPG starter set, and while Warhammer Fantasy RPG 4E’s attempt won’t blow any minds it absolutely nails the fundamentals that new players need to get a game running.  ...READ MORE

After raising $2,121,465, Strongholds & Followers might be the most anticipated Kickstarter RPG (at least until the next record is broken). Of course, the bulk of the money raised went to the “Streaming” part of the Kickstarter so creator Matt Colville could get a proper studio for his very popular YouTube channel. The book definitely fills a need within the 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons landscape.  ...READ MORE

Tabletop RPGs, by design, tend to be somewhat lopsided affairs. With only one of the typical four to five players taking on the role of Game Master. As a result, many of the games published focus on the larger group of players, offering lots of options to create characters and rules by which characters can interact with the game in unique and exciting ways. Angel Project offers the Game Masters in the group the attention, options, and guidance necessary to run the game and ensure they are empowered to do so as intended from the start.  ...READ MORE

Sure you may have seen all the films and watched the shows and maybe even played the games, but has any of that prepared you for the time when the undead come for your brains? No worry friend, Renegade Game Studio and Hunters Entertainment have you covered.  ...READ MORE

The world is going to end. Not over time but all at once. Soon. As an Agent you know this awful truth. If you would fight back anyway you may want to pick up Delta Green Agent’s Handbook.  ...READ MORE

I’m not much of a RIFTS player, but I love the lore, fluff, story—whatever one chooses to call it—surrounding RIFTS. Sometimes, I’ll incorporate some material from the RIFTS World Books into my D & D campaign. That’s precisely what I’ve done recently with a homebrew Castlevania game I’m working on. I’ve used some material from this book for the upcoming campaign.  ...READ MORE

You chased a thief into a swamp, trekked through trackless forests and bogs, and fought your way out of an ambush set by orx. Just another day as wandering adventurers in Zweihänder the grim and perilous RPG.  ...READ MORE

On Saturday, September 22nd, Failbetter Games launched Skyfarer, a tabletop RPG tie-in to Sunless Skies, their steampunk literary RPG video game. Available exclusively through TabletopGaming.co.uk, this promotional tool hypes the video game franchise by bringing it to the world of tabletop. The day it dropped, one of the members of my gamer group - a fan of the PC version - downloaded it, read it, and learned the rules, so we put aside our regular game and slung dice in the world of Sunless Skies on launch day. What follows is a recounting of that game.

To read a review of Skyfarer's gaming system, click here.
     ...READ MORE

On first instinct I was going to make a Stranger Things reference and link game and show in a rather obvious way. Then I got to reading in depth Kids On Bikes from Renegade Game Studios and I knew that would be too simplistic. So grab your BMX and let’s take a little ride down to the spooky side of town.  ...READ MORE

In September 2018, Failbetter Games unleashed Skyfarer, a pen-and-paper RPG tie-in to Sunless Skies, their steampunk literary RPG for Mac, PC, and Linux. Free exclusively through TabletopGaming.co.uk, this promotional tool hypes their video game franchise by bringing it to the world of tabletop. This is their first attempt to translate their universe into a new style of game, so let’s review the results of this micro RPG simulation of their gaming world.  ...READ MORE

Tired of all the fantasy role-playing games with a grim and dark palette? Well, Renegade Studios delivers a rules light system with a many-layered setting for players seeking out something brighter. Join the ranks of the Skyborn, with Overlight.  ...READ MORE

If getting your whole group together to play during December is a challenge, a holiday one-shot might be a perfect solution, and the official D&D Adventurer's League module Winter's Splendor by Ashley Warren is a great option. Even better, if you're running Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, it's a good side adventure any time of the year.  ...READ MORE

Do you want to experience the danger a teenager trapped in a monster haunted town in the 1980s faces? Do you want to fight back against the monsters by break dancing and head banging using old school D&D derived rules? Then Dark Places & Demogorgons might be the RPG you are looking for.  ...READ MORE

Three books over on the reviews section need your reviews, comments, or ratings. Please head on over to Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, and Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica and leave your rating!  ...READ MORE

My wife recently surprised me with an escape room outing for my birthday. It gave me an appreciation for the basics of how escape rooms work and how they can be applied to tabletop role-play.  ...READ MORE

Black Atlantic is an adventure. Black Atlantic is a regional sourcebook. Black Atlantic is the third adventure in a trilogy, ending a long connected story arc in a glossy, full-color pursuit of a powerful weapon. It is not necessary to have played the previous two hardcover adventures. In Thy Blood or The Killing Game. However, Black Atlantic will spoil the overall story if you have not the played them.  ...READ MORE

Strap on your tinfoil hats and keep your heavy-duty floodlights handy, Starfinder fans, because the SIGNAL OF SCREAMS is here! We’re taking this opportunity to dive into the latest Starfinder Adventure Path - #10: THE DIASPORA STRAIN!  ...READ MORE

How much you like Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica will depend upon what you want. If you're a Magic the Gathering player who wants an RPG version of Ravnica, GGtR may or may not satisfy you, depending upon how much setting depth you want from MtG. If you're looking for a full setting like the old Dungeons & Dragons' box sets, then you'll probably be disappointed because this is more of a slice of Ravnica than a comprehensive resource. If you're looking for more of a toolkit for creating adventures in the famous Magic the Gathering setting, GGtR is it If you're looking for a D&D fantasy setting because you're tired of Forgotten Realms but still want something in a similar ballpark thematically, then GGtR will also work for you.  ...READ MORE
    Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast