What needs done before the reset?

Wicht

Hero
With the advent of new rules it was long ago agreed on that we would reset the game - suprisingly the rules are well on their way to being done, but at the reset we want to be able to start an ad blitz for fresh blood over on the General board...

Before that happens what all needs done?

1) Rules finished completely - We are working on that
2) Generator modified - Lady Diamond will address this
3) Rules written out and displayed nicely on the generator site - ?

Is there anything else that will need done?

Zappo

Explorer
With "generator modified" you mean "generator with the anti-cheating features we'd discussed some time ago"? I'd like that!

Oh, someone ought to write a code of conduct for roleplaying actions outside of combat. Make it clear that you can't assume other people's actions, or hurt anyone outside of combat, etc.

Lady Diamond

First Post
Zappo said:
With "generator modified" you mean "generator with the anti-cheating features we'd discussed some time ago"? I'd like that!

Oh, someone ought to write a code of conduct for roleplaying actions outside of combat. Make it clear that you can't assume other people's actions, or hurt anyone outside of combat, etc.

Nope, sorry Zappo. Wicht is referring to style modifiers in the generator. Those "anti-cheating" changes we discussed before won't come about for awhile yet if at all. More discussion needs to take place (and I didn't save all that was discussed on the old boards, so having those back would be nice too).

As far as a "code" goes, even I know that it isn't kosher for someone to fool around with another's PC. Often times it isn't good to try anything with a player's NPC either (heh, my warhorse will make mincemeat out of anyone who tries to mess with him ;) and never Ever try anything with Wicht's flag girl ;) )

Any other opinions on the "code" Zappo brought up? I seem to remember someone (an experienced RP'er no less) taking a bit of outside-combat license with things, but it was all cleaned up before I got to the boards so I can't say for sure.

Di

Last edited:

Zappo

Explorer
Lady Diamond said:
As far as a "code" goes, even I know that it isn't kosher for someone to fool around with another's PC.
Me too. But I'm sure there's someone out there who will not understand it unless he is clearly told. And sometimes it's a thin line...

Berandor

lunatic
I've got this part in the general questions of the FAQ:
One last thing: Even when posting flavor text, try not to interfere with your opponent too much, or assume what his character reacts like. Some players have very elaborate backstories and plans, and it wouldn't be nice if you'd somehow endanger these plans. If you really want to try something, please contact the player via chat or e-mail, and as permission.

Think that's enough?

Berandor

Wicht

Hero
Berandor said:
I've got this part in the general questions of the FAQ:

Think that's enough?

Berandor

I was already thinking this morning that it should be in the rules as well, just a reminder sort of thing - some people get awful excited and need the occassional hint with a 2x4

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases