is there any neet presige classes i can take

i need to know how to make him from the beggining so he works out in th end

can you guys help?

*im kinda trying to make sephiroth*

Last edited:

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
Any ideas?

1. Post on the rules forum of ENWorld, not General RPG Discussion; the rulesies are more likely to have a good answer.

2. Don't mention Sephiroth; some pen & paper RPGs are incredibly put off by references to console RPGs. (For my part, I'm only answering your query because I love console RPGs myself and want to lend a rare hand).

3. Post on the Wizards of the Coast Character Optimization Forum; they know every possible WotC rule like the back of their collective hand.

4. Half-Elf Male Swashbuckler 3/Wizard 6/Bladesinger 10/Spellsword 1 is a good core race Sephiroth build. Personally, I read him as an epic character, a were-pseudonatural ghale with a similar collection of levels, but that puts his ECL at around 37, with a homebrew template.
Swashbuckler, Bladesinger and Spellsword are from the Complete Warrior.

5. Human Swashbuckler 3/Samurai 4/Exotic Weapon Master 3/Iajutsu Master 10 makes a good non-magical Sephiroth build.
Swashbuckler and Exotic Weapon Master are from the Complete Warrior. Iajutsu Master and Samurai are from Oriental Adventures.

Pbartender

First Post
You also might to be a little more specific about what you are looking for in a character for those of us who don't know anything about Sephiroth... There are an awful lot of ways to make a good sword fighter.

Pbartender

First Post
LD, that describes every fighter I've ever played over the last 20 years... ;)

So, for example, would rather use a large two-handed sword, a one-handed sword and a shield, or one one-handed one in each hand? Would you rather make a few extremely powerful and damaging hits, or would you rather be making dozens of less damaging attacks? Would you rather wear heavy armor, or would you rather rely on dodging and mobility? Do want him to be good a specific type of attack, such as disarming the enemy or breaking his weapons? Do want him to very, very good with one type of sword, or should he be just good with all swords?

And that hardly scratches the surface of possibilities...

You see, there area a lot of choices, so in order to help you we need a better description of what you'd find fun to play.

Terwox

First Post
Hmm, if you don't want to do anything overly complex (not that that's that bad or anything,) you could just make an Eldritch Knight.
Heck, here's a link:
You can fight well (not quite as well a pure fighter,) and you can cast spells (not quite as well as a pure wizard,) but put them together and you could probably make a Sephiroth theme out of it.
On the other hand, it will probably never be quite cool enough as a recreation, and you'd probably have a bit more fun if you took Sephiroth as something to inspire you, rather than something that you're trying to emulate.
Although, evil swordsman who likes to kill everyone is certainly one way to go. :)
There's also just the simple Fighter becomes a Blackguard, if you're really wanting to be chaotic evil. Doesn't quite fit Sephiroth, but, some tinkering and it could.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Well tastes differ, but here's one idea, using only the phb:

Human Fighter (need 13+ in Str, Int, Dex). Skills: Jump, Climb, Swim, Intimidate (max out all four)

1st P. attack, Cleave, exotic w. prof: Bastard Sword
2nd w. focus: Bastard sword
3rd Iron Will
4th W. Spec: Bastard sword
6th Quickdraw, Dodge
8th I. Crit: Bastard Sword
9th Great Fortitude
10th G. W. Focus: Bastard Sword
12th Mobility, Spring Attack
14th Expertise
15th Lightning Reflexes
16th Whirlwind Attack
18th G. W. Specialization: Bastard Sword, Combat Reflexes
20th Great Cleave

Hope that helps. Note that Great Cleave doesn't stack with Whirlwind attack, but the former can be used with Aoo's, Spring attack's, etc., while the latter does not require a dropped foe to get the other attacks.

Note also that if you switch to Dwarf with the Dwarven War Ax, you get crunchier. You don't lose the exotic weap. feat since that is part of the race package, and dwarves don't swim anyway. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases