Counter Collection 2

The Sunderer

First Post
Hi,

Anybody have an ETA for this? The original Counter Collection has revolutionised the way my group play... But I need Fiendish Outsiders!

Welcome to the new boards Fiery people :)

Crothian

First Post
I got the first one, and it's great. We use it every week. Does anyone have a list or is there a list of what type of counters are in Counter Collection 2?

Last edited:

Fiery James

First Post
We'll be posting more info to our site soon, but here's what I'll spill:

There are more than 70 distinct character counters, ranging from human fighters to exotic elven tree warriors.

Monster-wise, there are more than 75 different monsters represented, including dragons of different sizes! All of the dragons that were included in Counter Collection I will be found here, in a smaller size, and all dragons that didn't appear will be found here in multiple sizes!

Beyond that, we've got:

LOTS of animals to be used as familiars or summoned creatures, basilisks, centaurs, demons (you can see Claudio's succubus on the cover), dryads, nymphs, hags, elementals, giants, golems, oozes, unicorns, pixies, and lots more goodness (or badness, depending on your alignment). Really, there are three times as many different counters in this collection as there were in the first one.

Now, beyond that there is:

the Brotherhood of Form Idealist (prestige class by RangerWickett), the Gnome Combat Miner (prestige class by Claudio Pozas), the Red Smile Assasin: Death Jester (prestige class by RangerWickett), and 4 new magic weapons including a new melee weapon special ability.

I'm a big fan of the air elemental, myself.

This should be available in stores within the next two weeks.

- James

The Sunderer

First Post
Excellent!

I can't wait to get my hands on this!

At the risk of sounding greedy and impatient, do you have any plans to produce more of these.... Spell area effect templates would be great and I could really do with a Rast Monk/Ranger . ;)

Attachments

• CropperCapture9_rjxx889zfs.jpg
    CropperCapture9_rjxx889zfs.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 364

Fiery James

First Post
The Sunderer said:
Excellent!

I can't wait to get my hands on this!

At the risk of sounding greedy and impatient, do you have any plans to produce more of these.... Spell area effect templates would be great and I could really do with a Rast Monk/Ranger . ;)

Short answer: YES.

We'll put a bit more time between CC2 and CC3, but there will be more -- and, you'll be happy!

- James

Enforcer

Explorer
I too am looking forward to getting the 2nd set of counters. As an idea, how 'bout some Wheel of Time counters (or Star Wars ones, even though I don't play Star Wars)?

ProfAnime

Move along, nothing to see here
Well, Fiery Dragon would not be able to do WoT or SW counters since those are licensed properties and not part of the OGL/d20 stuff.

Also, I second the call for some spell effect templates. Its always nice to lay down a fireball template right in the midst of a party and watch their faces drop :)

jimclepis

First Post
Evil Outsiders at Dragon Scale Counters

I too eagerly await CC2! I've used alot of what was in CC1 (with the exception of the 5 doppelganger counters in native form... which I frankly dont they I'll ever use). Still while I was waiting for CC2 I was charmed into getting some counters from Dragon Scale Counters. (Sorry FDP) The art is completely different. Some of the pieces are really neat (some, not so neat, but I just chose not to buy any of the ones I didnt like (like the succubus)). They're printed on plastic and near as we've discovered, indestructible. Anyway, I bought a few (ok, more than a few now but dont tell my wife). If you need evil outsiders, I would suggest you check them out. I bought a few of them for a planar adventure I ran a few weeks back, including a red slaad which I really like. Too bad they dont have more.

Jimbo

The Sunderer

First Post
Thanks Jimbo,

Unfortunately I have never seen them anywhere in Britain. I'll have to possibly hit the cyberstreets and see if anyone in this country stocks them.

Not that I wont be buying CCII anyway, I must add.

:)

Attachments

• 11C11BA5-4B9C-4108-8642-D98617C0E381.jpeg
    11C11BA5-4B9C-4108-8642-D98617C0E381.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34,335

Remove ads