So gonna buy "Of Sound Mind"

Urbanmech

Explorer
Just from reading the player handouts posted at Fiery Dragon, I know I want this adventure. Piratecat you are one twisted, evil (in a good way) adventure designer. Please be sure to post when it is released so that we can run out and buy it. Are the next two adventures going to be in the same vein as the first one or are they going to have a different tone? Also what are the level requirements going to be?

Cyberzombie

Explorer
I know it's a low-level adventure, and the next two adventures come after it, so they're progressively higher levels. But I don't remember exactly *what* levels. I'm sure he'll be by to say.

I'm definitely buying it. I don't like 3e psionics, but I like P Kitty's writing. :D

Cyragnome

First Post
I'll look as a precursor to adding psionics to my game. It'd be nice to see them done (never used them in the past, but I love the new P. Handbook) without being too wonky.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You guys are just being nice to me. :)

But seriously, I went back and re-read it last night, and I'm just as pleased with it now as I was while I was writing it. That's generally a good sign. It's got some staging advice on how to freak out the PCs, as well as exhaustive advice on how to customize it for your own game. I've got a bunch of player handouts, too, which you can read on the FDP site if you are the DM. If you are a player, don't go read them. You'll only lessen your fun later! In general, if you like the tone of those handouts, you'll probably enjoy the adventure.

As far as the adventure is concerned, there's a lot of good crunchy bits. There's some good old-fashioned horror that might actually be scary and weird out the players, it's got some badass tactical combat, and fair amount of fun role-playing. In playtests the game hasn't played out as especially linear, since the PCs get to make some fundamental choices about some important things.

I'm also a big fan of cinematic combat. A couple of fights take place in some very unusual places. You'll have to let me know what you think once you've seen it.

It's designed for levels 1-2, and with easy tweaking up to level 6. I think it might be a bit too dangerous for incautious 1st level PCs, but it's a close call.

For the two sequels, OSM2 is about 6th level, and OSM3 is about 10th level, as currently designed. That may be tweaked a bit. They should be similar in tone in some ways; OSM 2 is a city-based adventure, with some fun politicking and nasty psionic menaces. OSM3 is a secret, but should be the best one of the bunch if it turns out the way I expect it to. All three games muck around a bit with metagame thinking and player pre-conceptions, in order to keep the players on their toes and thinking.

And Urbanmech, thanks for the.. err.. compliment! Me, evil or twisted? Naaaaah....

Last edited:

FDP-jason

First Post
Any day now!

Hi guys, these new boards are really cool -FDP may be in need of an upgrade soon :).

I received our copies from the printer earlier this week and they are in the warehouse at Sword & Sorcery which means it should be on store shelves in the few weeks. We will provide a few snippets of the interior art on our site in the next few weeks as well as any more tidbits Pirate wants to throw at you -so check in occasionally and see what's up. The cover is ony of my favourites so far on an FDP product -LeBlanc shines on this one!

The adventure is awesome, Kevin is a great storyteller. There are included full colour counters illustrated by Claudio Pozas as well -one of the last adventures that will include these -so scoop them up!

I am just as excited as you guys to see what Kevin cooks up for #2 and #3!

NOTE TO SELF: Must spend more time working, less time playing with fancy vbcodes....

Ashy

First Post
You can BET that I'm gonna buy it!!! PCat, I just have to tell ya, I LOVE that bit about the elven bell tinkling!!! That is SOOO what a dwarf would say - I LOVED IT! :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases