Dragon Steed (Half-Dragon/Half War Horse)

Pale

First Post
Pale

I crunched the numbers and thought that I would post to save others the 20 minutes or so.

(Large Dragon)
HD: 4d12+16
Initiative: +1 (dex)
Speed: 50'; 50' flight (average maneuverability)
AC: 18 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +8 natural)
Attack*: 2 claws +6 melee, Bite +1 melee
Damage*: Claw 1d8+8, Bite 1d6+4
Face/Reach: 5' by 10'/5'
Special Qualities: Scent, Breath Weapon (by dragon type), lowlight vision 60', darkvision 60', immunity to sleep, immunity to paralysis and other immunity based on dragon type (e.g. half greens are immune to acid attacks).
Abilities: Str- 26, Dex- 13, Con- 19, Int- 4, Wis- 13, Cha- 8
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Climate/Terrain: Any (Forests prefered)
Feats: 1 (hover)**
Organization: Domesticated?
CR: 4
Treasure: none
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Language spoken: Draconic
Advancement: none

*This is changing the hoof attacks to claw attacks, I thought that this creature would look more intimidating with the hooves replaced with claws. The bite damage bonus is half the strength bonus, if I'm wrong on this assumption, someone please correct me.

**It states in the template that half-dragons normally take there extra feats from the listed dragon feats, although some were nifty (like the snatch and the roll over) I felt that as a mount the hover feat would be rather popular for the easing of in-flight combat on the rider

--------------------
BOZ

Probably a lot easier to train than a real dragon...

--------------------

Pale

Thank you, this is actually part of a riding team that are minions of the long-term big villian in my campaign (Half-fiend green dragon) the other member of the team will be Elven half-green dragons. The sires of both the elves and the horses will be the same dragon... half-siblings. NPC PrCs still to be developed, as well as the fiendish versions of both. (3 companies total, 5 flights of 6 'teams' per company. 2 Companies will be half-dragon, 1 will be half-dragon w/ fiendish qualities, I'm not quite sure how I will handle the fiendish additions (whether to use the whole template, or just to give them the fiendish power progression of the tieflings)).

--------------------

psychognome

Scary... and very evil! In fact, it's so evil that... I think I'll have my PCs encounter one!

--------------------

Keeper of the Dark Realms
Administrator
Member # 235

This would be the true "Dragon Horse"

--------------------

Scott
======================
The Creature Catalogue
"Your #1 source for D&D 3E creatures"
Visit the Creature Catalog

Content Editor
Necromancer Games
http://www.necromancergames.com

Sojourn

First Post
A most hideous idea, as it insults both dragon and horse. What's wrong with a Pegasus, a gryphon, a hippogriff, a giant eagle? Why not another dragon? This fills a niche which did not exist. Necessity, in this case, was not the mother of invention.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases