Heres another one of the feats I might alow in my game.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
That doesn't seem worthwhile to me. I wouldn't allow it, because it's pretty powerless IMO. I'd be more inclined for a druid feat that chooses a "scenery" type, then get +1 DC in the specific setting (forest, grasslands, desert, tundra, etc).

Crothian

First Post
Interesting idea. Do you use the Ritual spells from Relics and Rituals? The Druid ones were also season oriented.

Somehow, gaining a bonus 1/4 of the year, and a penalty 3/4 of the year doesn't seem quite right.

How about having it center around the solstices and the equinoxes. The druid picks one (Winter or Summer Solstice, Spring or autumn equinox) and on that particular day he gets +2 to the DC. Half of the year he gets +1 (between the equinoxes or the solstices depending on his choice). On the type of day not picked (Solstices if an equinox is picked, equinox if a solstice is picked) the DC is +0, the other half of the year the DC is at -1, and on the opposite day (autumn and spring equinoxes opposite, winter and summer solstices opposite.)

An example just in case you didn't follow that.

Bob the Druid takes this feat. Bob believes the Winter Solstice, the day of his birth, is the most holy of days and chooses that day to be at his best. He has +2 to all DCs on that day. From the Autumn Equinox to the Spring Equinox, Bob has +2 to all his DCs. On the equinoxes themselves, Bob gets +0. Between the Spring Equinox and the Fall Equinox Bob has -1 to all his DCs. On the dreaded Summer Solstice Bob has -2 to all his DCs.

Ya, it's a little complex and the DM has to keep track of days. But I think it fits a little better.

navriin

First Post
There's a similar idea in the Manual of the Planes. If you made a feat for it, I'd say that it gives the druid a free metamagic feat on his spells during his choses season (something like the feats that prolong duration or increase area of effect, i can't remember there names for the life of me).

If you're worried about balance, require the druid to have to make either a spellcraft, religion, or concentration check to cast a spell during the opposing season, DC 15. But a drawback sounds too harsh for a seasonal feat to to me...

Since it is a Feat it should not automatic give a drawback, I think.
(otherwise it would better fit as a Edge or Flaw, I think, and that`s not used in D&D except perhaps for Racial Traits)

Since it will work only 1/4th of the year, you might rule that he gains during the chosen season +2 on its Spell DC.
Or perhaps a combination of 2 abilities (like a free Metamagic Feat in that season and a +1 on its Spell DCs. Or a free Spell Penentration or similar feats. Preferably it should fit with the the time-related concept of this feat ... )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases