looking for ideas for a vampire slayer PrC

Bastoche

First Post
Ok this vampire slayer is more of a character that assassinates vampires.

Requirments would be similar to that of the actual assassin's class. And it would be a modification of the assassin's class.

The poison abilities are removed (Vampires are immune to poison). The character would gain the death attack, as the assassin but would get the feat supernatural sneak attack (I'm not sure of the feat name, it's from the masters of the wild) that would allow him to use his sneak and death attack against vampires (probably with stakes of somthing like that).

The skills would be pretty much the same.

I would drop the bonus against poison (since the PrC is intend to be taken by other vampires).

Now what I'm not sure of is the spells. I'd like to trade it with some original ideas but I'm out of them. Any suggestions ? Thanks.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
The ability to detect them. I would have this a required roll, so it is not 100% and on a fumble (the DM rolls so the PC doesn't know) he mistakes a normal for a Vamp.

hong

WotC's bitch
Actually, you could just use the hunter of the dead PrC from Defenders of the Faith. That would be a twist, an undead hunter of the dead. :)

Jeph

Explorer
How bout a "smight vampire" ability? like Smite Evil, except more limited, and maybe usable multiple times per day.

-Jeph

Vrylakos

First Post
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Stake. Details on stakes were in an issue of Dungeon in the adventure "The Dying of the Light".

VRYLAKOS

Bastoche

First Post
We were going to treat stakes as simple wooden daggers but that's a good point.

Although I think a stake could easily be compared to a club, a quaterstaff or a dagger, three simple weapons.

Jeph

Explorer
I don't have a that particular issue of Dungoen, but wouldn't it be 1d4 (piercing), crit 20 / x2, -4 penalty to attack (not meant to be a weapon), -2 penalty to attack and damage (inferior material: wood), cost 0 gp (you can fashion one yourself)?

to restate in a more clear format:

Wooden Stake
1d4-2
Piercing
20 / x2
Tiny
weight 1 lb
cost 0 gp
-6 to attack

Special: When driven into the heart of a vampire, the vampire is killed instantly.

trix

First Post
Needs to be a Prestige Profession (PrP)... not PrC.

I verymuch dislike the idea of a Vampire Slayer PrC.

Something like a lich PrC provides a good reasoning for the profession/class to be a PrC.

Vampire Slayer is more like a profession. Like a police cop. A police cop might be a Fighter, whose profession is to be a policeman.

I've been thinking of the concept of PrP... Prestige Professions. A character may only have one Prestige Profession, and may change it once every 3 levels.

That profession provides certain feats and or knowledge about whatever... for example.

Dropping the profession, you loose the feats, but keep the knowledge. At the same time, the longer you're at a profession, the more knowledge you get.

Knowledge might be a prerequisit to craft a weapon of say.. anti-vampiric nature.

But it doesnt make sense to be a Prestige Class.

Prestige Profession, thats the way to go.

(PrP is an idea i've been toiling with for a while).

-Tim

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases