[PR] Tyranny Games - The End: Lost Souls Edition

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
"THE END IS COMING-THE SECOND SEAL IS BROKEN!

(Wauwatosa, WI, January 31, 2001)- "And I saw the beast, and the kings of
the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that
sat on the horse, and against his army." Revelation 19:19. War has been
unleashed! The Fallen rise from Hell to contest the forces of Heaven. Check
out the fate of the Middle East and beginning of the next world war.
The war between Heaven and Hell would rage until the last seal was broken.

To announce the upcoming release of the d20 system role-playing game The
End: Lost Souls Edition, Tyranny Games will recount the opening of the Seven
Seals before The End. Tyranny Games will open a new seal every few weeks
until The End: Lost Souls Edition is released. Follow the exciting
background for the setting of The End as it is released on our website! THE
SECOND SEAL IS NOW OPEN!
The First Seal is posted at www.tyrannygames.com under "The End"
Please also visit our website to review the game information, fiction, art,
and background material for The End: Lost Souls Edition. The End promises
to challenge the d20 system conventions with realistic injury effects,
achievement-base experience, and a single starting class: the Meek. The
class levels for the Meek reflect experience gained through surviving and
overcoming the horrors and madness posed by the world after the biblical
apocalypse.
Known for its groundbreaking role as the first post-apocalypse role-playing
game based on the Book of Revelations, The End received critical acclaim for
its bleak setting and creative background material. Please visit The End's
portion of the Tyranny Games website (www.tyrannygames.com) and check out
our preview art, message board, and fiction over the next few months.
Tyranny Games will be posting passages from the new source material and
other interesting notes.
Tyranny Games is the owner of the license for the fantasy role-playing game
Of Gods & Men and the new tabletop "boardless" board game- Sack Armies:
Expeditionary Force. Tyranny Games is also anticipating the release of its
newest "boardless" board game- COLONIZATION!
Tyranny Games can be contacted via email at jet@tyrannygames.com. Tyranny
Games invites you to visit its website at www.tyrannygames.com. Tyranny
Games mailing address is 804 Robertson Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53213.
A

Emiricol

I checked out the site. The fiction that is up there now (Seal #1 and #2) is very interesting, for website fiction. I rather thought it would be Holy Roller in flavor, but they capture the post-apocalypse feel nicely.

If they can keep that feel in the final product, without getting too preachy, this could well be worth checking out. The idea is, to me, a new one and rather intriguing!

Mixmaster

Explorer
I have the original version. I've even played characters at conventions.

When you read the rest of the story......whoooh. :eek: :eek:

I swear that it gave me chills that even to this day no horror film or RPG can match. It makes you think "This can happen."

And no, it doen't get preachy.

uv23

First Post
So what is the actual setting like? Theres no way of knowing from the first two seals. I'm guessing its a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting with technology, demons, angels, magic and so on?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
So does this have any relation to the RPG "Lost Souls"? The game where you play dead people?

At any rate, I hope it has options to play washed up TV & movie stars as characters...(If you ever see any of the end of the world type christian movies, that's what they usually star.

I can't find the one with Mr. T in it, but they have one starring Kirk Cameron...

http://www.jvim.com/catalog.html

I can also see a Jack Van Impe tie in with this game...(He's this allegedly christian preacher who has a TV show in which every week he proclaims the end of the world is getting nearer, and how great it will be.)

Still, that would probably be a campier tone than this game seems to be aiming for...

trancejeremy

Adventurer
After reading the fiction, isn't the scenario for it a bit implausible?

I mean for one, it's fairly well known that Israel has a large stockpile of nukes (probably around a 100), and will use them to wipe out the entire middle east if they ever get seriously attacked. And they have subs w/ nukes, too. At least, they have 3 nuclear capable subs, and a couple years ago, they tested a nuclear capable sub launched missile. So they now have the capability to retaliate even in a surprise attack that catches them completely off guard. And with Iran currently nearing having their own nuclear reactor, and not soon afterwards their own nukes, you can bet Israel has given those subs orders to retaliate if something ever happens to Israel.

For another, even if Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan were to somehow combine their armies and mass them near Saudi Arabia and attack 3 US bases completely unaware, I wouldn't bet on them winning. None of those countries has much of a track record fighting when it comes to fighting.

And why wouldn't the US counterattack right away. There's usually a carrier group in the gulf, and there are other bases in the region. Add in cruise missiles from subs (which are all over), and there would be enough fire power to destroy the bases captured.

It's also very doubtful the US would ever keep nukes in Saudi Arabia. Besides the fact there is no need (there are nuclear subs all over, remember), Saudi Arabia is considered not the best ally. The only reason they tolerate the US at all is because of fear of invasion from Iraq.

Anyway, I might be a bit nitpicky, but I think alternate futures should make some logical sense.

Usually in the crazy movies about it, it's a western european anti-christ that starts the war, and then Israel strikes back thinking it was the arabs, and then the war spreads, and then the demons start moving in. Or somehow the anti-christ just takes over the US, and starts a war for the hell of it. In any event, the villains are usually the muslims/Arabs, the Jews, and new agers. Presumably because the movie makers have something of an agenda they are trying to promote.

Take it FWIW. I like those sorts of movies for the same reason I like 50s monsters movies. They're funny, in a sad & disturbing sort of way...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases