The Psionicle, Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Continuation of the Psionicle game.

---

At the end of the last thread, Jansson had just spared Jirlai's life, after his attack had apparently given the sorcerer an almost-fatal wound.

Jhessail had also offered to raise up the two that had died in the cone of cold earlier released by Jirlai via his staff of frost, Niko and Animus.

Meanwhile, Syld collects the staff of frost, and Osius overlooks the wounds of his fallen companions. Desimus returns inside, dragging Tori'shel with him, then proceeds to search Jirlai for spell components and anything else dangerous.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Desimus - you find Jirlai's spell component pouches, and remove all that you find within. You also find a wand of peculiar make tucked into his belt.

-----

Jansson
"Jhessail, keep him alive if you can. He spared my life, so I must do the same for him. I do not want another death at this time."

Jhessail nods grimly, then proceeds to walk over to the sorcerer. She lightly touches his arm...

Jirlai gets 12 points back.

The sorcerer looks at Jansson, and makes a slight bow of his head to the halfling.

Syld
We would be greatly honored if you were to grant this gift on our companions. However, as you said yourself, the soul might not want to come back. Is there a way to converse with the soul before attempting to bring it back? We wouldn't want to force them back to the crual world."

Jhessail shakes her head. "If there isss sssuch a power, then it isss one that I do not posssesss. However, it isss their choissse to return. They cannot be brought back, if they do not wisssh to return."

Jansson
"If you can return life to my companions, then I would be deeply in your debt."

"It isss of no isssue." The yuan-ti priestess says. "I have desssided to offer thisss to you... you owe me nothing."

-----

Jhessail opens a small satchel that she had been carrying, and pulls out a small diamond. The priestess then goes to the body of Niko. She kneels down next to him, puts her hand slightly above the gnome's forehead, then closes her eyes, moving her hand in a circular fashion.

"Imzil, yora'thi larnhi hiranin... Imzil, yora'thi larnhi hiranin..." She chants in an unknown tongue, over and over again, for roughly a minute. As she does, a low, sparse mist appears in the room.

Suddenly, the chant ends, and Jhessail speaks: "Coryaln!"

The diamond, a faint glimmer of light glistening in it, shatters into oblivion - the eye of a snake quickly replacing it, then vanishing as fast as it appeared, though leaving a residual image. The mist vanishes, without a trace.

-----

Jhessail then walks wordlessly over to the body of Animus, pulling out another diamond as she goes, and repeats the spell once more.

"Imzil, yora'thi larnhi hiranin... Imzil, yora'thi larnhi hiranin..." She chants once more - the mist returning as she continues

The chant ends, expected this time, and Jhessail speaks: "Coryaln!"

The diamond shatters into oblivion - the eye of a snake quickly replacing it again, then vanishing as fast as it appeared, though leaving a residual image. The mist vanishes again, without a trace.

The priestess then rises. "It isss done." She says softly. "If they wisssh to return... then we will know almossst immediately."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus pushes himself steady with his hand, and stands up.

"Can someone bring me something to drink? Something to eat?"

Jarval

Explorer
As Animus stands, Jansson's eyes widen as full realization of what Jhessail has achieved hits him. He looks with awe at the Yuan-ti priestess, stunned by her power.

"Gods, that truly is a miracle." He says quietly. "Animus my friend, do you need anything?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Damnit..."

Animus searches his items and gear to see what was damaged, and what was not. If his paper was fine, he will write three simple words down:

Food,
Drink,
Niko?

"I don't think I felt Niko coming with me... I think he is going to stay where he is."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Not knowing how the yuan-ti show respect, Syld does it to Jhessail the one way it was done in his tribe.
He kneels down on one knee and lowers his head, readily exposing his neck for a quick and deadly attack.
"It is true power that you wield, M'lady. It seems the rumours of the yuan-ti planning to deceive us were truely false and I beg your forginess for even thinking so."

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson takes a packet of trail rations out of his pack and hands them, along with his waterskin, to Animus.

"Sorry, trail rations are all the food I've got. Hardly the most appetizing thing for your after-death meal." He jokes.

Jansson goes over to the body of the gnome and kneels beside it, checking to see if Niko breathes again.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus takes a drink, and stands over Niko looking over the Gnome's body. He hands Jansen back his ration and goes for his own, but is very thankful for the drink for his recently frozen/shattered throat.

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"I wish I'd brought some food and water as well, Animus. That must've been a horrid ordeal."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases