Divine Power Excerpt: Favored Soul

Shroomy

Adventurer
The first Divine Power excerpt is up and though the link to the pdf is currently now working (at least not for me), the schedule is up and hopefully the PP will prove interesting. Its interesting that the Favored Soul is an Avenger PP; based on the 3.5e version, I thought it would be more along the lines of an invoker.

Divine Power Excerpts: Favored Soul

Shroomy

Adventurer
Yeah, but at least we can discuss the schedule. The July 6th release is the Virtuous Paladin; I'm assuming that this is the new build instead of a PP (it looks like we'll be seeing a new build for the Invoker and PPs for avengers and clerics). It sounds like this will be the more classic shining knight/cavalier archetype. A malediction invoker sounds cool.

WarlockLord

First Post
I was looking at the rest of the schedule and saw "Malediction Invoker" and "Avatar of Death."

Why am I thinking WotC is going to trick out the invoker as a necromancer? Servant of the dark gods, w00t!*

*Please, let's not get into a "good adventurers vs evil adventurers" debate, please?

Montycat

First Post
I would like to point out that the woman in the malediction invoker picture is bleeding from her nose and ears. I wonder what that means?

Rechan

Adventurer
Yeah, but at least we can discuss the schedule. The July 6th release is the Virtuous Paladin; It sounds like this will be the more classic shining knight/cavalier archetype.
From what I've been able to piece together (I played the Pally during the May D&D day, and from a designer entry), the Virtuous paladin is going to be about saving throws and (I think) taking damage for other allies.

Akaiku

First Post
So, we finally get (true) Fly at-will, huh?

At 16th level, no less. I foresee at least one fly forever laser cleric because of this, as the other abilities are actually fairly good and not avenger specific. Heck, Bow ranger with high wis multi avenger. Twing-twang forever from the air.

Remove ads