Eco-Terrorists

Tyrion

First Post
I'm looking for ideas on how to make an NPC band of "eco-terrorists"...a rabid band of nature-lovers who take pleasure in the destruction of civilization. I want them to be able to survive the death of any individual members and scale well with the PCs as they go up in levels.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

* Ranger specializing in assassination (maybe a few Assassin levels?). Uses deadly natural poisons along with wolf animal companions. Prefers a hit-and-run tactical approach. Is there any way to use animals as a good poison-delivery system?

* Druid who harnesses the primal destructive forces of nature...Flamestrike, Creeping Doom, etc. will be staples. What other fitting and powerful spells could you recommend?

* Some Awakened animals, maybe with class levels?

* Something/someone made specifically for taking out entire villages...can't think of anything at the moment.

* I'm not sure how to use good group tactics with this band...

Any help refining these ideas or developing new ones would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Draco

First Post
hmm, on delivering poisons, how about dipping the talons of hawks in said poisons. Hawks are inconspicuous, and they're fast! (hehe, let's see those nobles dodge a 150mph diving, poison delivering, hawk!) Plus, they're fast enough to get away.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
You definately need to peruse through both Arcana: Socieites of Magic (The Servants of Decay are DEFINATELY want you want), and use some spells from R&R, like verminplague, and/or have an awaken pack of keffiz working for you.

Poison delivery, probably a snake. I know it's not unusual BUT it's a good way to go.

Oh and probably a serpent golem would probably work too. Fang golems might be a bit much though.

Hope that helps Tyrion.

*fan of using nature as a force, not just a means! ;) :D*

rounser

First Post
What you describe is very similar to the Shadow Druids from the 2nd edition Complete Druid's Handbook. You might want to look there for information on their operations.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
good way to take a village.

a pack of night-touched controllers (from CC2) with high HD (probably around 12-14 HD), and have them control/summon undead and outsiders to REALLY cause some damage.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
If they have access to polymorph other, I'd advise having them turn their opponents into animals.

Plus, they could kill those of their group that have failed - and then reincarnate them...

Call Lightning,

With a duration of 10 minutes/level and 5d10 damge for each bolt at 5th level, it can put some serious harm down on anything not moving to fast.

At 5th level, that spell delivers 2500d10 points od damage, enough to reduce a town or castle to little more than smoking ruins.

It gets even better when they get Control Weather and can make their own storm.

MythandLore

First Post
Tyrion said:
I'm looking for ideas on how to make an NPC band of "eco-terrorists"...a rabid band of nature-lovers who take pleasure in the destruction of civilization. I want them to be able to survive the death of any individual members and scale well with the PCs as they go up in levels.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

* Ranger specializing in assassination (maybe a few Assassin levels?). Uses deadly natural poisons along with wolf animal companions. Prefers a hit-and-run tactical approach. Is there any way to use animals as a good poison-delivery system?

* Druid who harnesses the primal destructive forces of nature...Flamestrike, Creeping Doom, etc. will be staples. What other fitting and powerful spells could you recommend?

* Some Awakened animals, maybe with class levels?

* Something/someone made specifically for taking out entire villages...can't think of anything at the moment.

* I'm not sure how to use good group tactics with this band...

Any help refining these ideas or developing new ones would be greatly appreciated.
Don't call them Eco-Terrorists!!!
Eco-Terrorists is a very very bad term, created by jackass bastards!
An Eco-Terrorist would be someone who Terrorizes Nature.
They are Saboteurs on the side of nature or Vandels on the side of nature.
They haven't killed people, they don't assassinate the bastards that destroy nature, so people shouldn't put them in the catagory with Osama, they don't deserive that.
Stupid for destroying people's propertys? Yes.
But murders of the Masses? No.
The term Eco-Terrorist is just the invention of the same people that told you, "Not only is it okay to breath DDT, it's good for you." and "There's no Global warming, it's just natures way making the most animals extinct since the time of the dinosaurs" and "It's okay to destroy the rainforests and polute the ocean, there's plenty more."

-Ahem- Okay now...
Ahh... Since you idea is to make them evil,
Why don't you call them Nature's Assassins or Wilderness Retaliators or Punishers from the Wild.
Um, Death Dealers for Life is another good one. :)

Last edited:

MythandLore

First Post
As far as the awaked animals goes, barbarian level's would probably be best, Rageing Giant Crocs and Tigers with the Barbs fast movement would be scary.

Remove ads