(OT) Warcraft III

Azazu

First Post
Does anyone know when this game is coming out. I am a big Warcraft fan but can find no mention of a date on Blizzards website.

Thanks

Dieter

First Post
I vaguely remember seeing a sneak-peek trailer in the Diablo II
box. Of course, that was Summer 2000 and it's now Winter 2002.

I have no doubt that it will be good...for 2000 standards. But as with Diablo II, the production time seriously hampered the potential for the game.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Dieter said:
I vaguely remember seeing a sneak-peek trailer in the Diablo II
box. Of course, that was Summer 2000 and it's now Winter 2002.

I have no doubt that it will be good...for 2000 standards. But as with Diablo II, the production time seriously hampered the potential for the game.
Yeah, it's a serious problem for an industry if the production techniques advance faster than it takes to finish a product! :p

Grendel

First Post
The recently closed their open call for beta testers.
they are putting out tons of screen shots.

I am betting that another 6 months tops (as long as there are no major issues with the online test).

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
As with all blizzard products, it will be done when it's done.

That's as close to a release date they'll say until it gets done.

There's a reason why Blizzard makes the best games out there, becuase they spend 3-4 years on one game, not shell out 3-4 games a year.
As for Technology, Look at the Screenshots, They are still ahead of the curve.

LightPhoenix

First Post
As Grendel said, the beta test just recently finished. Blizzard has said the beta test will last as long as it needs to; popular opinion puts the length of the beta test at three to four months, but it could very well be six. I would say June at the earliest.

LightPhoenix

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Small correction here. The call for beta testers closed on Jauary 11, I believe. They were saying that people who had signed on for testing would hear within a week or two of that date. Then beta testing would begin, and take 2 or 3 months.

So, realistically, beta testing done... end of April? Release after that? Who knows?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Well, If memory serves me, with Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 Expansion they went gold less than a week after beta, then anywhere from 1 week to 1 month to print CD's and packaging.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases