Lizardfolk = ECL 4?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfspider

Explorer
The latest Dragon magazine has an article listing monsters and their ECLs. The entry for lizardfolk lists them at ECL 4. I don't think that they are this powerful at all; saurials, which are larger and have more powers and abilities, are only ECL 2. I personally think lizardfolk should be no more than 2 themselves.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks!

XCorvis

First Post
Are these the same lizardfolk from the MM, or are they different? The ones in the MM are definately ECL +2.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Same ones from the Monster Manual.

In comparison, the article gives drow, with all of their ability bonuses, inherent magic, and Spell Resistance, an ECL of 2. Other creatures besides the lizardfolk that get an ECL of 4 include bugbears, dryads, baboons, heavy and light horses, giant lizards, mules, small vipers, shocker lizards, vargouilles, and half-dragons.

Very strange. Just comparing lizardfolk and the half-dragon template, I can clearly see these things are not equivalent. Determining ECL is certainly not a science, but still....

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Did they give stats for making a character of that race?

Sadly we don't have the new Dragon here yet.

--Sad Spikey

Wolfspider

Explorer
No, basically the article is a big list of monsters and ECLs with a few brief suggestions on choosing a monstrous character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases