Is Luck of Heroes balanced?

trentonjoe

Explorer
THis feat gives a +1 luck bonus to all saves. Is this better/worse/balanced with the other save feats ( iron will, lightning reflexes, and great fortitude)?

I was just kinda wondering what people thougt.

graydoom

First Post
IMO, yes. The choice is between pumping up one save that needs to be raised, or raising all your saves, but not by as much. The feats are useful for different types.

Luck of Heroes is useful for those who want high all-around saves. Feats like Iron Will are useful for those who need to shore up weak saves. For example, I think that most fighters benefit more from Iron Will, because a fighter's Will saves tend to not be very good.

MythandLore

First Post
graydoom said:
IMO, yes. The choice is between pumping up one save that needs to be raised, or raising all your saves, but not by as much. The feats are useful for different types.

Luck of Heroes is useful for those who want high all-around saves. Feats like Iron Will are useful for those who need to shore up weak saves. For example, I think that most fighters benefit more from Iron Will, because a fighter's Will saves tend to not be very good.

Yeah I agree,
But it can be good for a monk. :)

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Is it a luck bonus?

So, it doesn't stack with a Luckstone for example? That weakens it IMO... then it is definitely balanced.

Rav

Artoomis

First Post
Prerequisites

Also, the Iron Will, et. al. feats are prerequisites for some prestige classes, Luck of the Heroes is not.

Another balancing factor

AGGEMAM

First Post
Also note that it grants a luck bonus unlike other feat which grants unnamed bonuses.

Luck bonuses as most other equally named bonuses do not stack.

So if you get a Luckstone later in your carreer you have basically voided the feat (since the Luckstone also grants that +1 to ability checks and skill checks).

MythandLore

First Post
graydoom said:

Or an Aasimar Monk/Paladin with 20 charisma :D :D :D.

"I laugh in the face of your pitiful Finger of Death!"

I had one of those.
He was pretty good really.
For his level nothing would stick to him.
But I didn't need luck of heroes for that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 17.18.34.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 17.18.34.png
    438.7 KB · Views: 12,518

milo

First Post
Where does it say that luck of heroes is a luck bonus. I think this is balanced anyway you play it. (HALFLING MONK WITH LUCK OF HEROES)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
milo said:
Where does it say that luck of heroes is a luck bonus. I think this is balanced anyway you play it. (HALFLING MONK WITH LUCK OF HEROES)

[size=+1]Luck of Heroes [General][/size]
Your land is known for producing heroes. Through pluck, determination, and resillience, your people survive when no one expects them to come through.
Regions: Aglarond, Dalelands, Ththyr, the Vast.
Benefit: You recieve a +1 luck bonus on all saving throws.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases