1. new player registry
2a.
2b.

etc

What has been DECIDED:

please add to this thread

Wicht

Hero
In point of fact, nothing has been decided per se though I have recieved a lot of good ideas. This is not really a committee effort but more of a personal project with lots of input.

I will most certainly redo some of the chains and recalculate some of the power costs as well as incorporating in some new powers. The basic rules are going to stay the same I think, except for initiative and experience points. For the experience points we will probably move completely over to Graydoom's system which at the higher levels in particular works out much better. Though with more than 1 player it is a little more ackward.

However, with the holidays and such, I likely will not have a ton of time to actually sit down and start this as a project until January. Until then I am still opened to suggestions.

When I do get started, I will most likely do it in the same fashion as I did the YB 2.0 rules: posting bits of it at a time and then getting feedback on just that portion and making slight adjustments as we go.

Ciaran

First Post
Some food for thought:

How come you have to be either REALLY GOOD or REALLY EVIL to use Chi/Ki? I'd prefer if Chi/Ki Battery got detached from the Holy/Unholy paths. Leave Holy Light, Gain Life and Share Life with the Holy Warriors, leave Unholy Light and Steal Life with the Unholy Warriors, but let anyone who wants Chi get it and use it.

More generally, there should be a broader range of options for "neutral" characters.

For those who complain that starting-level characters are all the same, I'd like to see 1st level characters start out with powers, much like CR1 monsters. Of course, this will cause some game balance issues (monsters of equal CR to players are already outmatched), but that leads into the next issue:

Weapons and armor aren't cost-effective for monsters; PCs already have more than their share of power than monsters of equal CR, once the PCs have had a chance to load up on gear. No recommended solution, but I think something needs to be done...

More ramblings later. Comments welcome.

- Eric

Wicht

Hero
Ciaran said:
Weapons and armor aren't cost-effective for monsters; PCs already have more than their share of power than monsters of equal CR, once the PCs have had a chance to load up on gear. No recommended solution, but I think something needs to be done...

this is definately a concern of mine. I am not sure how to fix it either, except to perhaps do something like give each creature over CR 1 the same number of yen available to buy equipment as their CR Rating allows experience points (or would this be too much?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases