Counters or Pages...???

Are Counters important to your purchasing decision?

• I love counters and will pay more for them if I have to!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • All things being equal (page count, price, quality, etc.), counters may sway me to pick up a product

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I hate counters and will pay more to NOT get them!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • If it's the same price, I'll take an extra 24 pages instead of counters any day!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Forget the counters - I'll pay more for extra adventure!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I have no opinion; I'm checking out your poll because I think your company produces great material a

Votes: 4 17.4%

Fiery James

First Post
As most of you already know, one of the initial things that Fiery Dragon has done to set us apart from the d20 crowd is to include full-colour counters in our adventure products.

With some upcoming products, however, we're looking at possibly changing our strategy.

So, how important are counters to you? I know they're handy and useful, but are they really a selling point? Would you pay a dollar or two more to get counters in the book? Or, would you rather devote those resources to an increased number of pages and omit the counters all together?

We've got some large products coming up, so now it's time to decide if you'd rather have a 48-page adventure with counters or a 72-page adventure without.

So, there's the question: Counters vs. Pages. You decide!

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
One thing that has always impressed me about your adventures has been the counters. It's definattly unique, set's you apart from the crowd. Aditionally I know that if I choose to run one of your adventures, I know I've got a counter to use for it handy, instead of digging through my collection.

I love counters,
But then again, I bought Counter Collection, and I'm going to buy Counter Collection 2, So I don't know if counters are really all that important. I guess it depends on what's really going to be put in there place.

Like your example of a 72 page adventure vs. 48, I'd vote for the extra pages. But in like your normal adventure, I like the counters.

Of course, I'm just just one vote, and I don't buy many adventures, but hey, most have been from you.

Davelozzi

Explorer
I would prefer the extra 24 pages over counters if it was that simple (and I voted for that option). However, I'd really prefer that you put however many pages the module deserves regardless, add the counters, and just determine the appropriate price for all the whole thing.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Counters are sweet, especially since tracking positions is so important in combat, but over the years I have purchased many minis and would rather have content in the published material.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Like Cameltoe, I just have too many minis at this point to be swayed by the presence or lack of counters in a supplement, unless it has a self-contained wargame included or something. Otherwise, more adventure is better than a few pages of counters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases