New Race: Wyrmtouched

Hi,
I was thinking one day that while Celestials have Half-Celestials and Aasimars and Devils and Demons have Half-Fiends and Tieflings, Dragons have only Half-Dragons. So with that I set about to rectify the problem and this is what I came up with:

"Wyrmtouched"

"Wyrmtouched" is a general word to describe those who can trace their bloodline back to a dragon.
The effects of the draconic heritage last many generations. Although not as dramatically altered as a half-dragon the wyrmtouched still retain some special qualities. Usually they are alignment of the type of dragon they are descended from. The wyrmtouched have several distinguishing features such as reptilian eyes or elongated fingernails and teeth. Often wyrmtouched are born with abilities closer to the powers of the dragons.

Wyrmtouched have the following traits:
+2 Strength +2 Charisma: Like their ancestor’s wyrmtouched possess great strength, a powerful force of personality and an innate talent for sorcery.
Base speed: 30 ft
Energy resistance 10 (This depends on the type of dragon the wyrmtouched is descended from, see table below)
Dark vision up to 60 feet
Natural Armour +1: Wyrmtouched have tough skin with patches of scales the same colour as the type of dragon they are descended from.
Wyrmtouched also get one choice from the list below:
1) Breath Weapon (usable once per day based on the dragon variety)
2) Energy Resistance 15 and Claw and Bite attacks (Bite Damage:1d4, Claw Damage:1d3)
3) Wings (can fly at their normal speed with poor maneuverability)
If the player chooses Wings then they have to pay twice as much for armour as it have to be custom fitted for their bodies.

Level Adjustment +1. Wyrmtouched are slightly more powerful and gain levels more slowly than most of the common races.
Favoured Class: Sorcerer

Dragon Variety Breath Weapon Damage (DC) Resistance
Black Line of Acid 2d4 (13) Acid
Blue Line of Lightning 2d8 (14) Electricity
Green Cone of Gas 2d6 (13) Acid
Red Cone of Fire 2d10 (15) Fire
White Cone of Cold 1d6 (12) Cold
Brass Line of Fire 1d6 (13) Fire
Bronze Line of Lightning 2d6 (14) Electricity
Copper Line of Acid 2d4 (13) Acid
Gold Cone of Fire 2d10 (16) Fire
Silver Cone of Cold 2d8 (14) Cold

A line is always 5ft high, 5 ft wide and 60ft long.
A cone is always 30ft long.

So is it too powerful/too weak or is it just right, would you allow this in your games or would you just laugh at the player. Please only post constructive comments, or if you have to shout please add some constructive criticism.
Thanks Cya:D

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
This is good... I was going to call them Dreytouched in my game, but Wyrmtouched is so much better! You mind if I use the name?

UD

First Post
I like this but im not sure about the wings (seen as only large half dragons can actually fly if they have them...)

Maybe reduce the initial Energy resistence from 10 down to 5.

I might change it to be like this:

+2 Strength +2 Charisma: Like their ancestor’s wyrmtouched possess great strength, a powerful force of personality and an innate talent for sorcery.

Wyrmtouched also get three choice from the list below:
1)Natural Armour +1: Wyrmtouched have tough skin with patches of scales the same colour as the type of dragon they are descended from. (This trait may be taken multiple times and stacks)
2) Breath Weapon (usable once per day based on the dragon variety)
3) Energy Resistance 5 (This trait may be taken multiple times and stacks
4) Wings (can't fly) If the player chooses Wings then they have to pay twice as much for armour as it have to be custom fitted for their bodies.
5)Claw and Bite attacks (Bite Damage:1d4, Claw Damage:1d3)
6)Dark vision up to 60 feet

Hi,
Jack Daniel, use the name by all means, thats why I posted this, for others to use whether all of it or just the name.
U D, I wasnt sure about the wings, they were just something I put in at the last moment, anyway If you dont like it you can always disallow that choice, and about dropping the resistance I was basing the race of the "planetouched" and they both get 3 different energy resistances so I felt that one energy resistance at 10 was justifiable.
Anyway, I'm glad that you both like it (in what ever way)
Cya:D

min-max man

First Post
I like the idea of this race, but i thought of a few adjustments. For one, i would leave out the wings, two, the claw and bite resistance is a bit much, and i like the idea of choosing but limit that even more, to just darkvision, energy resistance, and natural armor(choose 2), and i think that would be an acceptable race, even without the level adjustments, and i wouldnt make it any more powerful than that, because a sorcerer with +2 charisma, and +2 strength at higher levels will be close to unstoppable, but i like it. :)

graydoom

First Post
I really like the idea of this race. I would, however, definitely advise losing the wings, and maybe toning down some of the other stuff, like the bite/claw damage. UD's version looks good to me. I'd probably go with Natural Armor, Breath Weapon, and Darkvision.

Hi,
UD's version looks good to me. I'd probably go with Natural Armor, Breath Weapon, and Darkvision
Thats what I was originally going to go with except they would also have the energy resistance 10, however as I was typing this up I was hit with several bolts of genius (well obviously not as people prefere the version I was going to post:p )
Cya:D

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I think I'd also "fix" the breath weapon... the red and gold dragon breath weapons are very powerful and can sway any low and mid level encounter in your favour. Perhaps make it 3d6, but usable once every 1d4 rounds (a bit like the Chimera's dragon head).

Edit: Doh! I should go to bed, it's way too late; I assumed you were using normal Half Dragon breath weapons: these are cool!

A very cool idea, and probably the only ECL+1 race I'm going to allow in my next campaign!

Rav

Last edited:

UD

First Post
Ok here is my take on it (hope you don't mind that I pinched your blurb GG :D). This may be a touch two powerful prehaps? Maybe only 2 options instead of three? Comments please!

"Wyrmtouched"

"Wyrmtouched" is a general word to describe those who can trace their bloodline back to a dragon.
The effects of the draconic heritage last many generations. Although not as dramatically altered as a half-dragon the wyrmtouched still retain some special qualities. Usually they are alignment of the type of dragon they are descended from. The wyrmtouched have several distinguishing features such as reptilian eyes or elongated fingernails and teeth. Often wyrmtouched are born with abilities closer to the powers of the dragons.

Wyrmtouched also get three choice from the list below:
1)Natural Armour +1: Wyrmtouched have tough skin with patches of scales the same colour as the type of dragon they are descended from. (This trait may be taken multiple times and stacks)
2) Breath Weapon (usable once per day based on the dragon variety)
3) Energy Resistance 5 (This trait may be taken multiple times and stacks
4)Claw and Bite attacks (bite 1d6, claw 1d4)
5)Low light vision and dark vision up to 60 feet
6)Hit die increased by 1 size, max d12.

Level Adjustment +1. Wyrmtouched are slightly more powerful and gain levels more slowly than most of the common races.
Favoured Class: Sorcerer

Dragon Variety Breath Weapon Damage (DC) Resistance
Black Line of Acid 2d4 (13) Acid
Blue Line of Lightning 2d8 (14) Electricity
Green Cone of Gas 2d6 (13) Acid
Red Cone of Fire 2d10 (15) Fire
White Cone of Cold 1d6 (12) Cold
Brass Line of Fire 1d6 (13) Fire
Bronze Line of Lightning 2d6 (14) Electricity
Copper Line of Acid 2d4 (13) Acid
Gold Cone of Fire 2d10 (16) Fire
Silver Cone of Cold 2d8 (14) Cold

A line is always 5ft high, 5 ft wide and 60ft long.
A cone is always 30ft long.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases