Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averil Wehstrom

First Post
Well, here we are on the new boards. I think I like what we've got now, since the pages seem to be loading in completely now.

Anyway, I've gotten about halfway through the first chapter of the guide with my editing, and an idea came to me: Do you think that once we get it editied properly, we should subbmit the chapter on pregnancy to an e-zine (possibly Asgard) as an advertisement for our guide once we're near completion?

kolvar

First Post
Well, I found the other thread. Lets keep up this thread than.
Before we post the pregnancy chapter (do you realy like it?) we should do the rules for becoming pregnant. Riot Gear wanted to do them.

kolvar

First Post
Another question: If Averill is done with his editing, will we switch to Version 1.0, i.e. are we done than, i.e. everything we get from now on will be put into guide II?
(I intend to put up something like a mini-forum on the page for this (to colllect ideas and comments). There are at least three new spells and a feat already at the old board. And I anticipate some reaction to the guide.

RiotGear

First Post
Gettin' Preggers

Well, my concept for how getting pregnant worked was pretty simple.

1) The woman rolls a set of dice - What the set is depends on the species. If the set comes up with the maximum result, she can be impregnated (there's an egg in them thar tubes.) For example, humans, who are pregnable roughly 3 out of every thirty days, would roll d10 - If they get a 10, they can be pregnant. Other species could be anywhere from d2 (gibberlings) to 3d10 (dragons.)

2) Unless the female and the male are the same species, not a lot is going to happen. Unless an exception is specifically noted, two distinct species cannot reproduce.

3) If the coupling 'works' the female rolls a Constitution check against a DC depending on the species - If she fails it, she becomes pregnant, but the embryo dies before it comes to term.

4) Then she rolls a set of dice (what the set is depends on the species) and takes the lowest roll. Humans would roll something like 6d8, dunno what the exact odds would be. We'd need someone to help us with the exact math.

All of these varying numbers (the con checks, the pregnability check, the number of kids check) will be held in a big-ass table somewhere near the back of the book. Only real way to do it.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Why not just keep it simple? Maybe something like:

Elves: 5% chance

Dwarves: 10% chance

Humans: 35% chance of impregnation per intercourse (reduce to 10% chance if practicing coitus interruptus)

Orcs: 50% chance

Have female roll Fort save at conception; failure indicates a difficult pregnancy and adds +2 DC to each month's Fort save to keep the baby

Have female make a Fort save each month or lose the baby (low DC) if she takes damage or undertakes extended strenuous activities (such as adventuring)

During childbirth, she must make another Fort save:

Save made: Mother and baby fine
Save failed by 4 or less: Mother fine, baby dead
Save failed by 5-9: Mother dead, baby fine
Save failed by 10+: Both mother and baby dead

Just my two cents. ;)

Cabral

First Post
I like the Fort save to avoid a miscarriage. What about a flat DC with race indepent list of modifiers to the DC. Individual races could have multipliers to the modifiers or bonuses. Races like goblins and kobolds that thrive on large numbers could get bonuses instead of or in addition to large broods. Extremely longlived races like elves may even have penalties.

If the fort save is used, I would reccomend the DC going down as the months progress (maybe faster for some races than others).

I don't like the fact that higher level characters are significantly less likely to have a miscarriage. I would reccomend replacing the Fort Save with a Con check. ... why should monks be more skilled at being knocked up than rogues? ;)

Averil Wehstrom

First Post
Another question: If Averill is done with his editing, will we switch to Version 1.0, i.e. are we done than, i.e. everything we get from now on will be put into guide II?

I don't think we can call it ver 1.0 until we get some art...

Also, I don't want you all to think I'm near finished editing, as I'm still only in chapter 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads