Encounter contest - Wow 69 entries!

der_kluge

Adventurer
I'm impressed. Last time Morrus mentioned it on the main page, he had 10 entries. I figured (probably like a lot of others) - Hey, I'll submit an entry and stand a good chance at winning with so few competitors.

Heh, so much for that theory. But my entry is still in there. Won't tell you which one, I'll let the entry speak for itself (hopefully). Will take me a while to read through them all.

Morrus - how many times will we be able to vote? You said that 6 prizes are going to be given away? Can we vote 6 times?

What criteria should we use when judging them? Are there any specific criteria? You broke them into categories based (loosely) on EL. Is there going to be a winner from each category, or could all winners be EL 1 (for example)?

Any non-entrants have any favorites so far?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Entry

I too have an entry in the contest. Unfortunately, the cover page (with my full real address) is still attached at the beginning of the document. I'm hoping to get Morrus to remove it before the voting starts.

I'm impressed by the number of entries. I took a glance at about 7 or 8 of them, based on name alone, and I can honestly say they were all good.

I'll wait to comment on particular entries that I liked for another time, once I have read them all. I will say I thought the "My only sun shrine" name was pretty funny, and original (and no, I didn't have anything to do with that entry, nor have I even read it. Just thought the name was cute).

Mistwell

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
die_kluge said:
I'm impressed. Last time Morrus mentioned it on the main page, he had 10 entries. I figured (probably like a lot of others) - Hey, I'll submit an entry and stand a good chance at winning with so few competitors.

I guess everyone had the same idea as you. :)

Morrus - how many times will we be able to vote? You said that 6 prizes are going to be given away? Can we vote 6 times?

There will be a number of 'heats'. The top few entries in each heat will gothrough to a final. The allocation to each heat will be entirely random.

What criteria should we use when judging them? Are there any specific criteria?

I'll post full guidelines. It will be your job to judge whether or not an entry qualifies and whether or not it deserves your vote. I'd say about half of the entries did not meet the guidelines/requirements, but you [collectively] are the judges, not me.

You broke them into categories based (loosely) on EL. Is there going to be a winner from each category, or could all winners be EL 1 (for example)?

That was just to break up the list a bit; it has no connection to the 'heats' that they will each be in.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Re: Entry

Mistwell said:
I too have an entry in the contest. Unfortunately, the cover page (with my full real address) is still attached at the beginning of the document. I'm hoping to get Morrus to remove it before the voting starts.

You have about 48 hours to make any corrections you wish. Guidelines on how to do that are on the page.

die_kluge said:

I'm also guessing that (as in my case) procrastination had a little something to do with it. Ever since the contest was announced, I had INTENDED to launch myself into writing an encounter, but it didn't really happen until the final week before the deadline.

And just as a plea to all of you who will be judging: I know that 69 entries is a lot to slog through, but in the interest of fairness, be sure to read ALL of them before voting.

Regards,
Corporate Dog

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases