This might be a dumb question, but...

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Right - but which ones should be killed off?

My suggestions:
Whereabouts (stuff that goes there could be posted in Rogue's Gallery or Plots, as appropriate)
Creature Scoreboard (General Monster Talk covers this one nicely)
*shrug* Just my 2 cents...

Hm... What else?

Martin

Former Grand Vizier of Nutkinland
I'm, well, I'm reknowned for letting forums grow out of control.

But that's only the people who really know me well.

Coik

First Post
Here are the forums I think can go:

D&D Software: It seems to me that D&D-releated software will be coming out at the exact same instant Hell freezes over, Ryan Dancey comes down with a terminal case of humility, or the Packers somehow manage to justify the extra .5% sales tax for their stadium they strongarmed the county in to by, say, winning a firkin' football game. I.E., never. There seems to be some non-commerical software floating around, like James Buck's generators, but not enough to justify an entire forum. Put it in General Discussion.

d20 System Games: There's too much overlap between the d20 System forum. Merge the two.

Plots, Whereabouts, Rogue's Gallery, Homebrews : Merge these four into a general "DM Help Center" forum.

General Monster Talk: What does this forum do that General Discussion and Conversions doesn't? Axe it.

James Buck's Wish List: This can be merged into General Discussion.

Fantasy Netbook Community Council: Just combine these four forums into one. I don't see why each particular aspect of the Netbooks needs its own forum.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can't touch any hosted site forums - they're not mine to touch. Which means that most of those in the list above have to stay as they are.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Although... I could make plots, whereabouts, rogues gallery etc sub-forums (sort of like the way fight club is a sub forum of in-character). That would keep them off the main page at least.

Coik

First Post
That'd be great, Morrus...it's a start, at least.

I only say that because I was like "PROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HERE! How can anybody expect to read this many forums?" when I first logged in here. Imagine what a first-timer will think.

I honestly do think the forums I listed are superfluous, though. I suppose I would have to talk to the mods of the other forums I want axed, see if they'd be willing to consolidate?

Attachments

• Tsr_logo.png
    Tsr_logo.png
    12 KB · Views: 596

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Wild! Changes to your signature are retroactive, everywhere! So my response earlier has my new sig. Wacky.

Too bad ya can't axe more, Morrus. But, hey, lots of people come here, so maybe they'll get used...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How's that, then? The forums are all still there, but grouped differently as sub-forums. Makes it a little less intimidating at first glance.

It's the best I can do, I think. Everything under the 'Hosted Sites' category is out of my control.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases