[Dragon 293] Countrycraft

Azure Trance

First Post
In the latest DRAGON magazine I received in the mail, the Dungeoncraft article had neo-Birthright rules used as methods of running a realm with consistent logic. The rules looked good, and modified for 3rd Edition to boot (I lost my BR campaign setting boxed set many years ago). It was broad to be simple and easy utilizing the D20 skill check, but I felt that certain portions could have been improved upon. In other words, more charts and rules! :)

I've looked it over some and feel that as it was only an article couldn't be anywhere of the depth BR was. I feel tempted to combine the two now in a mish-mash of D20 skill checks, province levels, and population and military 'points.'

What were your opinions on it, and what will you use/throw out?

Dr. Zoom

First Post
I have only glanced at the article, but I do plan to read it in depth and use whatever seems to make sense to me. I am using the Dungeoncraft articles to help create a new campaign world for my future games, so this article should help. I never used Birthright so this will be the first exposure I get to these rules.

I am about to start a BR campaign, so this issue was very interesting to me! :)

I am not sure if I will use the material though. I would rather see WotC do a one shot deal and update the BR world and game mechanics.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases