Changing Thread Titles - Mods or Admins please look

Holy Bovine

First Post
It seems that I am unable to change the title of a thread that I have started. is this just something I am missing? When I edit the first post in a thread (which on the old boards aloowed you to change the title of the thread as well) there is a spot to change the subject - but this is just the header that goes in the body of the post.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 3722BF60-395F-4069-B973-2FBA5973446C.jpeg
    3722BF60-395F-4069-B973-2FBA5973446C.jpeg
    914.8 KB · Views: 33,231
  • 4E6991E0-26AD-4794-B22E-A439A073A84C.jpeg
    4E6991E0-26AD-4794-B22E-A439A073A84C.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 8,191

graydoom

First Post
Sadly, the feature of changing the thread title is absent from thse new forums :(.

You are doing nothing wrong, the new boards simply do not allow this. I think that the lack of being able to change the thread is the most glaring omission of something that was possible on the old boards... other than HTML and

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
This is one of the things about the new boards I do not like. . .

It was so convenient on the old boards. . .

Also the necessity to keep HTML off is also bugging me :(

I just hope Morrus or P.Kitty turn on the ability to post images very soon.:mad:

Wicht

Hero
Yeah it is a bummer not being able to change the title, especially over in fight club where it was so useful for keeping track of the rounds.

Actually it IS possible to edit the thread titles on these boards. It just has a time limit; 5 minutes is standard, I believe.

It is, of course, because it confuses people and they can't find the threads they were reading when the title changes. This time limit is editable, however, but I admit I don't know if can easily be disabled. Anyhow, if you set the time limit to 500.000 instead of 5 you've got about a year to do your editing. That should be sufficient time.

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
Left-handed Hummingbird said:
Actually it IS possible to edit the thread titles on these boards. It just has a time limit; 5 minutes is standard, I believe.

It is, of course, because it confuses people and they can't find the threads they were reading when the title changes. This time limit is editable, however, but I admit I don't know if can easily be disabled. Anyhow, if you set the time limit to 500.000 instead of 5 you've got about a year to do your editing. That should be sufficient time.

Morrus, if this is possible, please do it! It would greatly help us in Fight Club if we could edit thread titles again.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The ability to post images IS on, I believe. I don't know why it isn't working.

LHH, can you email me with the location of that setting for editing thread titles? I haven't found it yet. Heh - these boards need a good, searchable help index! Luckily, I have Left-handed Hummingbird and Omegium, who are just as knowledgeable AND like RPGs.

Piratecat said:

LHH, can you email me with the location of that setting for editing thread titles? I haven't found it yet. Heh - these boards need a good, searchable help index! Luckily, I have Left-handed Hummingbird and Omegium, who are just as knowledgeable AND like RPGs.
:eek: You flatter me. :D

E-mail is on the way. As to being able to post images in the forums you have to edit the properties of each of the subforums where you wish to be able to post images and/or toggle on HTML (Fight Club? ;))

/LHH

Attachments

• vtm.png
    vtm.png
    549.6 KB · Views: 21,151

MythandLore

First Post
Piratecat said:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
code is OFF

[quote="Left-handed Hummingbird"][B]:o You flatter me. :D

E-mail is on the way. As to being able to post images in the forums you have to edit the properties of each of the subforums where you wish to be able to post images and/or toggle on HTML (Fight Club? ;))

/LHH [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah "Meta" is "[IMG] code is OFF" right now.
you can post attachments though I think.

BTW PC did you get the avatar I sent you?

Attachments

• piratecat.gif
    piratecat.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,029

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Left-handed Hummingbird said:
Anyhow, if you set the time limit to 500.000 instead of 5 you've got about a year to do your editing. That should be sufficient time.
Not that I really know how this works, but can't Morrus enter 0 (zero) here like he did with the character maximum per post, 0 meaning infinity?

Remove ads