Ghost in a Jar, game idea?

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Last edited:

Dimenhydrinate

First Post
fark you!

uhh no. I had never even heard of fark.com until you mentioned it. I just happened to stumble across the ghost while looking through the weird stuff on ebay. I do it about every 2 to 3 days to find the oddest things I can.

Darth Shoju

First Post
lol

Someone at work just showed me that! Man that's messed up. The guy is saying he'll report people who do joke bids to the FBI. :rolleyes:

blackshirt5

First Post
Dimenhydrinate said:
Has anybody else seen this one yet? I think this could be mined for a game or two.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2931457201&category=1469

Yup, I can just see the setup now:

"An unscrupulous merchant is trying to scam adventurers by offering to sell them a bogus Allip in a Jar, and threatening to report them to the elite Golden Leopards if they offer him money jokingly. A Horrific Misadventure for 4-6 PCs of 1-20 level. Requires PayPal."

Reminds me of 'Expiration Date' by Tim Powers. It's a modern day tale about people who capture the peoples' dying breaths. Inhaling the captured breath resulted in a drug-like high as you experienced the person's life. The main plot of the story revolved around a vial that supposedly contained the last breath of Thomas Edison.

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
I split my work day between ENWorld & Fark...

I mean...working. I spend my work day working. I think I was the one who posted the ghost in a jar on Fark yesterday.

I definately see potential to work it into a game...or even design a whole new game around it...it is truly a wonder to behold...
:D

~DjetaT

Remove ads