[MotW] Forsaker Question

bleedthefreak

First Post
Hello all,

I was thinking about making a Forsaker, I thought it would be fun, but since they have to destroy a certain gold piece value of item to power there damage reduction, does that mean they can carry around some potions and scrolls, or other easy to destroy items, for the sole purpose of breaking them when the time arrives (or just for fun)? My DM thinks not, but that is only based on the fact they have to give all there items and cannot use them, but what I am proposing is NOT use them, but rather smash them, which seems (to me) to fit the nature of the Forsaker.

What do you all think?

Zhure

First Post
I agree with your DM, it denies the essence of what the class is. It's also a bad design flaw of the class, that to truly maintain part of their class ability they have to go against the spirit of their concept. I'd allow them to "bank" the gp value, even though it's not implied by the rules that they can.

Moving into house rules territory, maybe alter the way the Forsaker gains DR. Create a chart that gives them DR based on the total amount of magic items they destroy per annum or something... perhaps using the Armor chart as an example. I don't have any more concrete ideas than that.

Greg

Skaros

First Post
I like the house rule I've heard that allows them to "store up" days worth of DR.

Rather than carry around hundreds of minor magic items...they just destroy them as they find them (as per the theme of the class), and add days of DR for each however many required GP of value.

later,
Skaros

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases