A popup blocker that WORKS!

Psionicist

Explorer
I would recommend against those programs. They are usually bloated, spyware and take up valuable ram. Install a real browser instead, such as Mozilla Firebird.

MJEggertson

First Post
Mozilla's the way to go. But if you'd rather not install a new browser, I've read the latest version of the google toolbar has a popup blocker. It's still in a testing stage though, and since I don't use Explorer, I haven't tried it and can't say anything about its stability.

PeterMikelsons

First Post
I've been using Norton Internet Security 2003 on WinXP for a week or so and it seems to block ads pretty well without causing any major headaches.

Fast Learner

First Post
I'm a huge fan of the Google Toolbar in general, and the 2.0 version blocks popup ads beautifully. Unlike many of the free blockers (like Popup Stopper Free Version, which works fine), Google Toolbar 2.0 Beta allows you to click a button at any site where you actually want popups.

In my case I am on a couple of boards where personal IM-like messages are often sent to me and I had to remember to turn off Popup Stopper when I went to those sites. With Google Toolbar 2.0 Beta I have already told it that popups from those sites are fine, and poof, no popups blocked while I'm there.

Besides which Google Toolbar rocks in a dozen other ways.

Psionicist

Explorer
Mozilla Firebird without any special addons, if you are interested:

mozillafirebird.gif

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases